
Chrissyism (Cris-c-is-em): A statement made by me that shows how confused I am. Example #1: Last night I was talking to Kevin about a wood project he wants to do. I asked if he owned a puzzle saw. He said, "You mean a jig saw?". Example #2: My parents once were talking about "buying the farm". I asked them, "Why would you want to own a farm? That'd be a lot of hard work."
Chrissyism for the day: Kevin said, "Jack kept waking up last night because the dog was laughing." I replied sincerely, "Muffin can laugh?" He replied, "Muffin? I'm talking about his toy dog that he sleeps with." Why I would think the family dog could laugh is beyond me.
So, we head off to bed. I have no idea at what time Jack started crying, but I did not hear him. Apparently, Babycakes (Jack) rolled over in his crib onto this singing dog that wouldn't shut off. Since it kept him awake, he was crying. Kevin got up and brought him into the room so he would feel better and be cuddled.
7am rolls around and there's a kung fu combo of hair pulling and hitting from my tot going down. Nothing says "Wake up, Mom!" like a punch to the face. I am so exhausted! Why can't he just sleep!? And poor Kevin got even less sleep then me because he was up all night trying to get Jack Jack back down.
On another note, our sweet boy has learned how to take off his pants. He's been able to for a few months now, but it was only just recently that he became a pro at it. Both yesterday and today I was making us breakfast and the next thing I know there's a half naked baby running through my living room. Who am I to judge, right? I say if a person doesn't want to wear pants, let them not wear pants!
I stay up for the benefit of you, not to play Wii!!! I am about to pass out at my desk. I had a huge cup of coffee, a huge Monster Energy drink and still am so so so sleepy. I literally got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night.
ReplyDeleteYou are so frickin funny, I love your Kungfu baby segment, and I think you should add the Chrissyism to the blog like I have my Humor for Lexophiles!
ReplyDelete