Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Routine



My good friend, Kelly, who has 8 year old twins, once told me when I was pregnant that you must have a routine for your baby. I think Ruby, Jack's "other Grandma" (and one of many "other Grandma's"!) also said that. Anyway, I decided to follow that advice as both Kelly and Ruby have wonderful children, and now that we are settled into Bend, I think we have a pretty nice routine going. We wake up, make Kevin's lunch, I give Jack his bottle, then we say goodbye to Kevin as he goes to work, then I blog. After that, we go downstairs, have breakfast (one whole sliced banana and a breakfast bar chopped up), watch our PBS lineup while playing ball, Legos, etc. Then around 8am or so Aunt Jessica gets home, she gives Jack some oatmeal, and then she goes to bed (she works the graveyard shift as a nurse). Jack takes a nap, then depending on what day it is we either run errands, clean, go shopping, etc.

So, the PBS lineup is SuperWHY, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Sesame Street, Dragon Tales, and Word World. Now, we aren't just sitting there watching the tv, we're playing games and eating breakfast, but I like having it on in the background. Jack really doesn't care for SuperWHY, Clifford, Word World, or Dragon Tales. They are just background noise. But when Sesame Street comes on, everyone better be quiet because that is his show! He can't get enough of it! Despite my ill feelings towards Elmo, Jack loves him. It irritates me that he speaks in third person and I also think he's a sell-out. But Jack loves that little red monster. Me? I've always been a Cookie Monster girl. I mean, who doesn't love cookies?

Now my favorite of the shows is Word World! Pippa loves it, too. Actually, she's the one who introduced it to me. Jack usually takes his nap as Word World comes on, but that doesn't stop me from watching it.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Sesame Street, Are Bert and Ernie still living in sin?

    ReplyDelete