Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ghost Tree

Jack is so sick with a cold. He's covered in mucus and sneezing like crazy. Last night was rough for him. While Kevin and I were at dinner, Aunt Jessica had prepared him a lovely dinner. Sadly, as Jack became tired during dinner, he rubbed his eyes. Little did he know, his hands were covered in spaghetti sauce so he rubbed it in his eyes! Then he starts screaming so Jessica is trying to wash it out of his eye but he keeps rubbing them from the pain. I feel so bad for him.

Once we got home, he was still awake in his crib. He was snorting from all the mucus up his nose. I gave him a few squirts of saline spray which I hope helped. Now that I'm awake my nose is all clogged and I have a migraine. Today is going to be a long day.

Ok, so even though this has nothing to do with Jack, I still wanted to tell you about the Ghost Tree Invitational that Kevin took me to last night. It's this charity event that his company throws every year. All the fancy restaurants come to this fancy golf course and you get to drink wine and beer and eat all the fancy food you want while wearing fancy clothes. So, we get there, and of course I just had to wear 3 inch heels. Guess who's feet were swollen in about 30 seconds. Yeah, me. Then, we go to every single restaurant booth for food. Kevin had elk burgers with bacon and meat on skewers and meat on meat and meat meat meat. Guess what I had! NOTHING! This was a non-vegetarian affair apparently. So I didn't eat anything all day because I thought I'd be eating all night. Oooooh no! I got to watch Kevin eat! However, I did get to hold his two other plates while he ate what was on the plates he was holding. And beer and wine? No thank you. I did however get a Pepsi and two lemon torts the size of quarters.

While we're walking around schmoozing with all the rich folk, Kevin sees someone he knows and screams "WHAT UP!" He scares the hell out of everyone within a five mile radius with his booming voice. After he said hello to them, we kept walking and I start to quietly yell at him that this was not the type of event you scream at. The moment (seriously) I say that, someone who knows Kevin who was not present at his "WHAT UP!" fiasco screams "HEY KEVIN!" scaring the Hell out of everyone again. I'm like, "Please don't encourage him!"

The program that Kevin designed naturally had a list of sponsors in it. I was looking for Tommy Bahama but Kevin said they weren't a sponsor. I thought that was strange since EVERY SINGLE MALE had a Tommy Bahama shirt on except Kevin. I'm going to have to look into buying Tommy Bahama stock because apparently his Hawaiian polo shirts are quite popular amongst the wealthy. This has got to be an omen or something because I've never felt more like I was in Hawaii then last night, and I've even been to Hawaii!

Oh, and the silent auction you ask? Kevin wouldn't let me within 100 feet of it. All I wanted to do was check it out a little but he was not about to let me bid $550 for a massage. It's for charity, Honey! So, alas, I did not walk away with any souvenirs.

Alright, that's all for now. Here's the only picture I got out of the entire night since someone is a cheese monkey and made a face in EVERY picture we took. I'm on my tippy toes and he's slouching down.


4 comments:

  1. You look absolutely stunning and quite slim since you only ate 2 quarter sized lemon squares.....Kiss Jack's snotty face for Grandma, BTW do you mind if Stevi and I hand deliver Christmas presents sometime between Christmas and New Years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck! No salads? No fruit? No veggies? Just meat? What is wrong with people? You do look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy you just made me feel so much better! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with a boyfriend that doesn't know when it's time to use his "indoor voice."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tommy Bahama - lots of the vip people at the club I used to work in had those shirts. It's like a private club of people that are rich only because they had rich parents. A rather stuck up bunch, if you ask me - but at least most of them tipped well. There's a store in the Hilton - well, the GSR now - that sells the shirts - when I worked security in there I did a bit of window shopping, I think their average polo shirt goes for around $70+ Stupid rich jerks! If I had enough money to spare $70 on a polo shirt I'd buy one, soak it in gasoline and throw it back into the store to burn the place down!

    ReplyDelete