Saturday, September 13, 2008

The G Diaper



Have you ever heard of the G Diaper? Well, if you haven't (or if you have), I'm going to tell you a little about it.

Since I decided to become more "green", I've been buying environmentally friendly soaps, chemicals, detergent, etc. My favorite thing though is the G Diaper. I originally got them in Reno a few months back but it wasn't until recently had I been using them diligently.

So, the exterior of the diaper is cloth. They come in fabulous colors and patterns, and they have a big G on the butt. The interior has a disposable liner. After the tot does his business in it, you just toss the disposable liner which is biodegradable in just 50-150 days! Unlike regular diapers, it doesn't contain any plastic making it easier to break down. You can also flush them or put them in a compost. That's a little too "green" for me, so tossing them works just fine for me.

The other wonderful thing about them is they really help with diaper rash. They keep your baby's butt drier and cleaner.

The negatives? Well, they are about 10 cents more a piece expensive then Pampers. It also takes an extra minute to get the new diaper all set up. I mean, it's not that big of a deal setting it up, but 10 cents more a diaper is pretty costly. Luckily, I had a $50 giftcard for Jack so I got him a HUGE pack of the G diapers!

www.gdiapers.com

Jack wearing his orange G Diaper under his shorts.


Jack got stuck in the hamper yesterday. Here he is wearing his white G Diaper.

3 comments:

  1. I have a daycare kid in G Diapers. They backed up my toilet system until I realized that I shouldn't flush them because we have root-infested pipes. They're really cool though! My client uses cloth inserts in hers to cut down on cost and they're so freakin' easy to take care of compared to other cloth diapers! She just brings me a bunch of the snap-in liners pre-filled with a cloth nappy and when she dirties one, I refill it immediately so I always have one ready to go. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crack kills, even baby crack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I prefer the orange G Diaper......

    ReplyDelete