Secondly, have you ever "misplaced" your baby only to find him at the top of the stairs? This is the latest phenomenon here at the Reese/Barnum residence. Which is also why we have a brand new baby gate at the bottom of the stairs.
The other night, Kevin was teaching Jack how to climb the stairs. He's always trying to get Jack to do wild boy things with him, and although I objected to him teaching Jack stair climbing techniques, Kevin thought it would be a good thing for a little boy to learn. Well, the other day, Jack's birthday actually, Jess and I were in the kitchen, Muffin was locked outside so she wouldn't eat Jack, and Kevin was out getting Port of Subs. Jack was crawling around with the balloon attached to him (so everyone would know who the birthday boy was!) and he headed down the hall to play with the doorstop. Ya know, the kind that go BONG! when you flick them. Jack loves that, and there are two next to each other right next to the stairs that make different BONG! noises so he loves to sit there and flick them. So as we are prepping the food, the BONG!ing stops. Jess and I go over there to see why and there is no Jack! We look up and he is sitting at the top of the stairs laughing! AHHHH! Of course, me being the calm and collective mother that I am, I scream and panic, run up the stairs and hold him telling him how sorry I am. He could have fallen down and broken him neck! I get all teary eyed just thinking about it.
So, Kevin went to Target and got a nice new baby gate. One where dog snouts can't fit through, and babies can't get up stairs. Where's the bubble wrap when you need it?






Those look like steep stairs! Look at him go! My great grandson is very advanced, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteG.G.
To the pyramids of Egypt!
ReplyDeleteHe is the next extreme mountain climber in training......
ReplyDelete