Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Muffin... No!"


Now that I'm a mom, I finally understand what my parents went through when they would call me "Jessica", and call my sister, "Christina". Even to this day, they still mix us up. We aren't twins, heck, we don't even look like sisters! Yet they still mix us up and call us the wrong name ALL THE TIME.

Well, that's been happening a lot lately with Jack. This morning I was putting away dishes and he reached for a knife in the utensil holder. I screamed, "MUFFIN! NO!" And now I feel terrible! How could I call that sweet little boy Muffin? And you know what? It's not the first time I've called him the dog's name, either. Whenever he's being mischievous, I automatically scream Muffin's name. The weird thing is, Muffin isn't even a mischievous dog. Like, I hardly have to raise my voice with her, so why is it I keep calling Jack her name?

Oh the things I contemplate. 

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I am not sure Muffin is a good nickname for Jack Jack, my mom used to call all of us...Leesteevlizabeth!!! I guess she figured it was one of us, so she yelled at all three of us all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to mix up my brother, myself and the dog all the time. Ug. Silly parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand... Zoe and Staci are completely interchangable at my house.

    ReplyDelete