Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Jack!



Today is the big day! My baby boy is one years old!!! It's 7:15am, and I have a migraine, so I'm going to go grab a Relpax, finish cleaning the house, pick up sandwiches, balloons, pizza, and host the party of the year. I am so exhausted; I was up past midnight last night (I am so old for thinking that's late) cleaning and decorating. I just want to crawl back into bed. Sigh...

Ok, so I'm going to tell you the story about the day Jack was  born. I'm sure you've all heard it before, but it's his birthday and that's what mom's do is reminisce.

The day was August 14th, 2007. I had worked up until two days before Jack was born and had gone into work that day to tell my boss I was feeling very pregnant and couldn't come to work anymore. Of course, he told me to not worry and go home and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy (Ha!). The next day, I went over to Grandma Beautiful's salon, Salon Moxie, where I got a day of beauty. She did my hair, Tita did my nails, and Lisa also dolled me up with makeup. I was feeling great and ready to have Jack that very moment.

August 16th comes, and it's around 11:30am. I go into my room to take a nap . My sister and her friend, Chip , were literally walking out the door saying bye to me as they were off to see the latest movie hit, Transformers. All of a sudden, I feel a water balloon pop in my tummy. Naturally, I curse a bunch and call for my sister, who was less then happy as she really wanted to see Transformers. I called Lisa and Aunt Liz, the pregnancy/baby guru, and tell them my water broke. For an hour I had no contractions, and since there was only a tablespoon of water, I thought maybe I just peed on myself (pregnant woman do it, so don't laugh!). After much inspection of the water, my sister and I did conclude my water broke. I took a shower, yet still no contractions. Then, while doing my makeup, BAM! I said a few more really bad words, some that I don't even think were words, and we were off to Renown Medical. 

We arrive at the hospital, where they attach a bunch of machines to me. The check my hoo-ha and tell me that baby is ready to come out. Ummm, excuse me? Does anyone care that I'M not ready for that baby to come out? So, I kinda refused to push for a little while. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to see my Jack Jack, but it hurts!!! At one point my sister says to me, "You are scaring the other mothers by screaming" and I said, "GOOD! Now they know what they are in for!" So, after throwing a temper tantrum and kicking everyone out of the room, I squeeze that little watermelon out. So, although the birthing was not ideal, the end result was a very perfect baby.

Happy Birthday, my sweet little dumpling. I love you so much.







6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet pirate and great job mom. I love you everyday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great birthday Jack Jack! I wish we could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Chrissy! Happy birthday great grandson. I'll love you forever!

    G.G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jack!!!!!!! You're getting cuter everyday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, you were pretty darn stubborn but funny as hell......thank you for giving me such a beautiful grandson to fill my life with joy, I also will love you every day forever for giving me one of the most wonderful and joyous things in my life. smooches

    ReplyDelete