Sunday, August 10, 2008

One, Two, Cha Cha Cha!





August 8th, 2008: Opening day for the Olympic games. This day was chosen by the Chinese because the number eight is lucky, hence the Olympics starting on 08/08/08. 

My Aunt Linda has been saying for a few months now, "Chris, that boy will be walking before he's one! I guarantee it!" I kept telling her to stop teasing me, but low and behold, on the lucky day of 08/08/08, Jack took his very first steps! 

We were at my brother's house playing with Will & Pippa. Will, being such an advanced tot, has already started taking his first steps. After my mom told me that, Jack stood up, took a step, looked down, looked up, took a second step, looked at me, smiled, and then a third step! And at step number three he got a little top heavy and fell. But he was ok and happy that he made it so far! I am so proud of my little (and by little I mean 29 pounds) man! 

Now that he is beginning to walk, this parenting thing is going to get easier, right? Wait, why are you all laughing at me?













These are the actual shots from Jack's first steps!


4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! We are so proud, oh and oops on my updates! I swear it was a typo!!! I probably had it in my mind because that is the day we are leaving to come up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, Jack! Give mama's back a break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wanted to lose weight right? It's the new and improved Jack Sparrow "Catch me if you can!" Fitness Method.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA JACK!!! That's so awesome. In some ways the parenting DOES get easier, but it gets a whole lot harder in ways you don't even want to imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete