
Yesterday Kevin hung this really cool size chart up for Jack Jack. We measured him and he is 2 feet, 7 inches! I thought that was ginormous, but according to statistics, the average boy is 27" - 32 " at the age of one, and Jack is 31" for those of you who don't know the Standard Measurement System. It was so much fun measuring Jack. I remember growing up as a kid going to my Nana & Papa's house where my Papa would measure all of us kids in the garage. It was great because my aunts and dad had their measurements from when they were kids there, too. I also remember going to my other Grandma's house and we would love getting measured on her refrigerator. I wish she didn't have to get rid of that thing, it was so great seeing how we grew.
So, the size chart we got Jack is awesome and I recommend it to all of you mothers out there with tots who like to destroy stuff. The one I chose off amazon.com is from the book Where the Wild Things Are. I wanted a pirate one, but they were out and I'm impatient so I went for the next best thing. It's made of a thick, smooth-like cardboard. We had to use some heavy-duty screws to get it into the wall, but it's very durable. It comes with stickers and little holes to put picture of your bebe (baby) in. I absolutely love it and I hope Jack will, too, as he gets bigger. It goes up to 4'5", and with the way that tot is built, I'm sure he'll be that height before I know it.
So, I hope you enjoy these totally adorable pictures of Jack's first measurement. He may be a little monster sometimes, but he's my lil' monster and I love 'em.



First of all!!! Where the Wild Things are is my favorite childrens book of all time, I used to read it and look at the pictures over and over...if Jack doesn't have the book, please let us get it for him for Christmas! Next, I wish I could be there for your Rich Fancy Ghost Evening to do your hair and make you beautiful, not that you need help and then thirdly, When Jack is exactly 2 years old, measure him and times that by 2 that is a pretty acurate measurement of his height at maturity, then last but not least, please give Kevin a hug and kiss from us, we are so blessed to have him in Jacks and your life, he is such a good father and a very good man. I'm crying, what a wus, but really, we love him too. Smooches
ReplyDeleteMy mom still has all the measurements on her door jam going out to the laundry room. We all have very fond memories of being measured there. If she ever sells that house, we're taking the door jam with us!! I have started one on the door jam of Willow's room. :) Those pictures are adorable and I love Jack's shirt. So perfect!
ReplyDeleteDude, Jack has the cutest facial expressions I have ever seen. What a stud.
ReplyDelete