Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wow, Reno is Really Brown!

Jack and I have made it safely to Reno. The drive on Wednesday was full of clear blue skies so it only took 8.5 hours to get here and that included one long rest stop at Honey Lake. Between Bend and Reno is a lot of desert and creepy trailers, so if you ever make the journey, pray your car doesn't break down.

Jack was a total angel the entire ride down. He just sat there looking outside, and then talking, and napping. I couldn't believe we made the entire trip without him having a frisky attack. I'm so proud of my tot. So, we got in around 5pm Wednesday night. We picked up Port of Subs for dinner (they made my sandwich all wrong and I didn't realize it until I got back to Mary's), and just watched a little tv. We are staying at my friend Mary's house which Jack loves because a) he loves Mary and b) she has a cat. Poor Franklin the Cat, he does not like being called a dog very much.

Yesterday morning I met up with Lisa for brunch at Mimi's Cafe. Jack hit the waitress which mortified me. She was so nice about it though. Afterwards I said goodbye to my baby so Lisa could spend the day with him, and I could catch up on some rest. Lisa took him over to Aunt Liz's house (that's Lisa's sister, making her Jack's Great Aunt) and babycakes had a ball with his 2nd cousins, Willow & Sage. Sage is 2.5 and I think Willow is 4 or 5. After some hardcore play time, Jack went to the park and watched Aunt Stevi at softball practice.

Today it's a mommy-tot day. We are going to go to lunch and dinner with some old friends. I'm starting to feel a little sick, so I think we will call it an early night tonight since tomorrow is Mary's birthday bash and I need to be feeling better for that. For her 24th birthday I had a horrible allergic reaction to being pregnant (which landed me in the ER the morning of her birthday party!) and for her 25th birthday I left early because I was so exhausted from lack of sleep. Lets hope I can survive her 26th without any incident. =)


1 comment: