
Yesterday we went to Cost Plus World Market to pick up a welcome mat. Jack decided to test out his vocals the entire time we were there. I kept reminding him to use his "indoor scream" but oh no, that didn't work for Jack. So I thought if I stuffed his mouth full of fish crackers he would knock off the screaming. Well, that did work. I'm walking around the store for over an hour with Jack in the cart and as I look at the ground I notice there is a fish cracker. I look behind me and guess what my angel pie did... he left a trail of fish crackers throughout the store! Isn't that nice that he didn't want mommy to get lost? That led to us having to go through the store again picking up the trail. On the plus side, I had three different people come up to me and tell me how adorable my baby was, even when he was screaming.
Afterwards we hit Trader Joes followed by a trip to the park with Pip, Will, Laura & Jess. We met up with Laura's friend, Jenny, and her two children, Anna & Edward. Yes, that's right, her son's name is Edward! She said it had nothing to do with the Twilight books, but it still made me giddy. Anna is Pippa's age and the two girls played forever on this spinny thing. Edward is about the same age as Jack and Will, so the three boys played together on the slides. Jack has never gone down a slide before without help, but he saw Will climb the steps alone and throw himself down the slide all alone, and as soon as Babycakes saw that, he was off doing the same thing! He even would push Edward to the side to cut in front of him. He also kicked Edward in the head and made him cry. It was an accident and I felt terrible about it, but Jack was too busy climbing stairs again to notice.
In other news, we lost one of the fish in the move. I mean, we didn't lose him like "Where'd he go?!", I mean like he died. 1 out of 14 fish isn't bad, but it still broke my heart that one didn't survive. We had a lovely funeral for him in the toilet. Jack even said "Bu-Bye!" and waved at him as he was sent to fish heaven. This is exactly the reason we can't get a cat. I can barely keep it together when we lose a fish!
I still have made no progress on the garage at our old house. A part of me wants to just let Kevin go over there and toss it all, and another part of me is curious on what is over there. Sigh, my weekend sounds fantastic already.














I want Jessica to be my Auntie, she always looks like she is having the time of her life! I love it, and duh......Jack is adorable~
ReplyDeleteJack will be all grown up before you know it. You seem to be doing it right so make sure you don't miss it! I miss our little boys now that they are young men.
ReplyDelete