Saturday, March 14, 2009

Whoe, That's One Sick Baby






PICTURES CARE OF LISA!

Today Jack spent the day with Lisa, Jay, and Stevi. They took him to the mall to get pictures done at Kiddi Kandids. OMG! My baby should be a model! Wait til you see them! They are so cute!!! But, while they were there and I was here hanging out with my sick friend Mary, I get a text from Lisa that Jack is sick. I call Lisa and we figure he just was playing too much and got exhausted from it, that is, until I get a call from Lisa that Jack is throwing up again and asking for me by name. As soon as Lisa told me he was throwing up in the mall, I had to go get him. Not that I didn't think Lisa could handle a sick baby, but that's really not her job to deal with. So, off to the mall Mary and I went.

We show up and the poor guy is pale and warm as can be. So, I scoop him up and we head out. First stop: Whole Foods. Yeah, I needed dinner. Second stop: The store. We got him crackers and Pedialite, and a few other things to settle his tummy. The pedialite and medicine he could hold down, but any food got thrown right up. I'm just grateful Mary has nephews and puke on her carpet doesn't make her angry! She was so sweet and helped me take care of Jack. Then, Babycakes got some severe diarrhea. You know the kind where only a shower can cure? Three showers later, that passes. So, Jack didn't fall asleep until 10:30pm. It also took watching Monsters Inc. 3 times just to keep him happy and calm. He's asleep right now next to me in a little ball like a kitten. My poor sweet boy, it just breaks my heart.

Hopefully tomorrow he feels better so he can see Grandma & Grandpa, and Aunt Stevi. We are heading to California on Monday morning. If he gets worst, I'm just going to take him to Urgent Care. I am not going on vacation again for a long time. It's just too hard on Jack, and it's too hard on me.

1 comment:

  1. I think it was just bad timing for him to get sick, poor guy, he was such a good boy for being sick, I can't believe how sick he is and how sweet he was acting, usually they become Monsters when they get sick!

    ReplyDelete