Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chow


Kevin works as a graphic/web designer for Gusto! which is a magazine here in Central Oregon that is all about local food and restaurants. When he got the job, they gave him a welcome basket full of gift certificates to the best restaurants in Bend (over $400 worth!). We have given several away, and still have a a stack of gift certificates to go through. This morning, we decided to celebrate our move by going to breakfast.

What a mistake that thought was!

We get to this awesome place called Chow. It's very nice and everything they serve is organic and natural. All of their food is also from local farmers like the cheese and eggs (www.chowbend.com). So, we get seated and order up some coffee. From the moment we get there, Jack is throwing a fit. He's throwing things, hitting, pulling my hair, etc. The waiter (who I think was the best waiter in all of Oregon) brought over blueberry bread for Jack and played with him. Jack pulled out the blueberries and ate them, then threw another fit. I took him outside for a few minutes to calm down. Once he felt better, we came back inside. Then he threw another fit so Kevin took him outside. About 10 minutes later, Kevin calls me telling me to pack up. Our food hadn't even arrived yet! I could hear my sweet angel in the background screaming bloody murder. So, I tell the waiter that we don't want to disturb the other patrons any further and asked if he could have our stuff to go. He was so awesome. He got everything taken care of for me, and didn't even charge us the full amount.

Once we got home, we scarfed down out food. Jack threw his portion at me. If you live in Bend or come visit, you must go to Chow on Newport Ave. They have the best service EVER, and their food was freaking awesome.

Ok, so at noon we needed to go to our new house to sign our lease. We head over and for the 35 minutes we were there Jack is screaming and hitting and having a fit. I don't think an elephant tranquilizer would have stopped that boy. So, we signed everything, paid the monies, and we were out of there. The realtor who manages the place was so sweet and nice. I really think this place is going to be great for us. We found out it doesn't have a/c. But I've only lived in two places that have had a/c in my entire 26 years of life, so it's not a big deal to me. Plus, Bend doesn't really get too hot in the summer anyway.

I took Jack to his room and he is napping now. It took all of 2 minutes for him to fall asleep. Kevin and I are going to pack up the truck with light things and I'm going to head over and start moving in. Why isn't Kevin doing the work, you ask? Oh, he just caught what I had last week. Perfect timing, eh?

3 comments:

  1. OMG Poor Kevin! That sucks, I hope my jury duty doesn't last very long so I can come help you. Jack may still be not feeling well or a little traumatized from traveling but there is about a 2 year window at about his age where you can't go to eat.....ANYWHERE! I'm not kidding, ask any mother. Make friends with a teen in your neighborhood who wants to make a little baby sitting money for when you and Kevin would like to go out and eat, or get used to the idea of picking up a lot of To Go meals! If I make it up, I would be happy to watch Jack so you two can enjoy a meal together, BTW can you suggest some close by hotels to your new home? MUAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Stevi was Jack's age, when Willow was Jack's age, when Sage was Jack's age - Mommy and Daddy stopped trying to go out to eat. Just not worth it. Comes with the territory and Jack is right on schedule.
    So sorry to hear that Kevin got that ugly bug! Take care of him.

    G.G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom said my parents didn't let me out in public until I was six, at least. I applaud parents who keep their children hidden away from me! ;)

    ReplyDelete