Monday, March 2, 2009

New House!



We applied for a new house today. We're fairly confident that we will get it as the landlord has called us twice to see if we would like to rent it. She is so nice and helpful, and we really think that this will be a good match for us. She also loves Jack and they basically became best friends when we viewed the house. The other house we viewed this weekend was not only smaller then a pea, but the landlord was crazy and money hungry. So, yeah, that didn't pan out so well.

The house we applied for is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath single story home. It's only $105 cheaper a month then what we are paying now, but because it is so much smaller, our utility bills will go down dramatically (we pay appx. $300/month now for utilities, and it looks like it will go down to about $150/month). It's only 3 minutes from where we live now in a new neighborhood, about 2 years old. Ever since we've lived in a brand new house, we've become spoiled and only want new homes or old homes with major upgrades. The house is close to a park and the train tracks, which to most of you sounds horrible, but for us, we love it. Our current house is only a few blocks from the tracks and we love hearing the train at night. It's so relaxing. We aren't so close that the ground will shake, but close enough to enjoy the choo choo chooing. Here's a link to the virtual tour so you can see what it looks like: http://www.visualtour.com/shownp.asp?T=1541954 The landlord is a real estate agent who only has a handful of rentals, which is way better then dealing with a property management company who is too busy to make repairs, etc. She also told me the house is 100% paid off so we don't have to worry about another foreclosure. It is a month-to-month lease, which is just the company policy. Works out well in case Kevin gets laid off or Robert Pattinson asks me to marry him and we run away to Paris together (see picture below of my future husband at the Oscars).
The neighborhood looks like a scene out of 1954. The houses are all designed to look retro-ish, which I love! I plan to get a ruffled apron and vacuum my new house in high heels, just like Grandma used to. I'm also going to start using phrases like, "Golly Gee Wilikers" and "That's boss!" I have my Nana's old cook book from 1963 that says a good wife will spend all day in the kitchen making her husband a soufflé for dinner. I better start learning how to make a soufflé or Kevin will have to deal with having a bad wife.

So, hopefully this house thing will work out. Like I said, we are 98% sure it's going to be ours and we'll be moving once I get back from Reno/California.

By the way, have you filled out your baby bracket yet? If not, here is the link: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=307965

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget about words like 'swell' and 'keen'. Those should fit in well with the 50's theme! I think Jack might also best be referred to as Beaver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This house is way better than the one we looked at!!! That other one was ghetto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That house looks just Darling Dear, I am so happy you will be learning to bake souffle'. Can't wait to see handsome, spectacular, supercalifragalistic Jack Sparrow! only 10 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you move to Paris, can I go? Will be Jack's nanny while you shop and eat croissants...until then, good luck with the house search.

    ReplyDelete