Saturday, March 14, 2009

Babyless

Last night I had some serious baby-mama-drama. My friend, Mary, is super sick, so I went to stay at my friend Jessica O's house so Mary could rest baby-free. I got to Jessica's place around 8pm where she lives with her boyfriend and their other roommate. Well, Jack was not happy about that. First, their dog licked his face and he got really irritated with that. Then, my laptop died while he was watching Monster's Inc, and my charger is a three prong, and the outlets in Jessica's house are all two prong because it is an older home. So, Jack couldn't watch his Monsters (I didn't have the DVD on me, it was saved on my laptop). Jack cried forever! I felt so bad because everyone had to go to work in the morning, and my baby is screaming at the top of his lungs. I decided that being at Jessica's wasn't going to work, so I packed our things and was going to bring babycakes to Lisa's house, but after talking to Mary, she convinced me to come back to her house and that she'd be ok with Jack's crying. 

Around midnight, he finally went to sleep on her couch. He was so much happier here. I feel so bad because Jessica and her boyfriend went to a lot of trouble to accommodate us. The only plus side is I'm sure I've discouraged then from ever having a baby after last night's tirade.

But poor Mary. Since the day I got here she's been so sick with food poisoning. She had to call into work Thursday, leave work early Friday, and today she only has a 4 hour shift so I think she's going to just do it and get it over with. But she had to cancel her party tonight and I feel so bad for her. I know she really wanted to do it but when you are sick, you are sick. And booze, mini dresses, and dancing just aren't appealing when you are sick. So, I'm going to go over to my friend Connie's house so Mary can rest today and then we'll see how she feels tonight. If she wants to go to dinner we'll take her, or if she's too sick we may just drug her up. =)

But where is Jack?! He went over to Grandma's house this morning. I dropped him off around 10am and about half an hour later, Lisa texts me asking me where I put the car seat. Oops! I left it in my car! So, I drove back to her house and do you know what my baby did? He looked at me, gave me a fish kiss, and ran off to go play. It's like I'm yesterday's news! I'm glad he's doing better today though. Lisa is going to give him a hair cut and take him to get his pictures taken. Then Jack will spend the night there and spend tomorrow with her, Grandpa Jay, and Aunt Stevi. She promised to take lots of pictures of his adventures for me. 

Well, I'm going to go shower and head over to Connie's. I'm meeting her new baby, Braedon, for the first time. I love babies!!!! If they weren't so expensive, I'd put Octo-mom to shame. 

3 comments:

  1. Babies ... eew! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as we now know, it was not food poisoning and we know why Jack was so uncomfortable last night, poor guy I miss him so much already! I will email you lots of pics and I have the Kiddie Kandids for you also. Hope he is better to see us tomorrow.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea... I was going to say it sounds like Mary did not have food poisoning afterall. Sorry Jack got so sick on your little vacay! Such a bummer.

    ReplyDelete