So, first things first: We got the house! YAY! I paid the deposit on it yesterday and we move in March 22nd. It just got painted and the carpets are new. Oh I love new things! Now all we need to do is buy a washer and dryer. Probably something off craigslist. Since the house we are in is foreclosing, I e-mailed our landlords to see if they were interested in selling us their washer and dryer. We'll see how that pans out.
On another note, I had a job interview yesterday. It did not go so well. I think I might have been too bubbly or girly... I don't know. I mean, my resume rocks and I looked as professional as a lawyer would, but they just didn't seem impressed by me. I have a second interview though on Tuesday so here's hoping, right? Right. Sigh....
So, with the second interview being on Tuesday, that means I will be in Reno Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and then off to California. If I get the job, it will be a short trip all together as the start date is the 19th. If I don't get the job, I'm going to spend a lot more time there wallowing in sorrow.
On to happier news though! We have had a wonderful visit with my mom this past month. She goes back to Hawaii on Sunday, which isn't happy news. We love having her here and I have encouraged her to stay, but I think this whole "snow" thing really bums her out, so she's heading back to the islands. Once Nick & Laura have their 3rd baby next month, she'll probably come back to visit in May.
Jack is an absolute delight. He has so much personality and character that it makes me beam with pride. He's so excited about his vacation next week because he gets to see The GrAunties, his Great Grandmas, his Grandma & Grandpas, and his Aunt Stevi! This boy will be loved and smooched so much that he won't know what to do with himself. The only thing that may cancel our trip is this snowy weather. I have 4-wheel drive, but I have a hard enough time as it is driving on an empty street in the middle of the day.
So, I will keep you all posted as things progress. Hope all of you are having a good month!
I'm so happy to hear that you got the house! And, Chrissy, if they didn't like you you wouldn't be going back for a second interview! I'm betting that they want you!
ReplyDeleteHow could anyone not want you, you are awesome! I have someone coming to look at my washer and dryer today, I can't take it with me, if you don't get one and I don't sell mine we can probably work something out, If you can't make it due to snow, let me know, we will have to plan some time up there, I can't be away from my little guy any longer , it is killing me!
ReplyDelete