
Deschutes Public Library
Example 1: Grandma Lisa bought Jack a candy machine full of M&M's. Jack is to only get an M&M when he does something good like put away his dishes, or read a book with me without shutting it and throwing it. Well, instead, Jack grabs my finger, opens his big brown eyes as wide as he can, and takes me to the fridge where I store it. It is so hard to tell him no! He starts to frown and a tear forms and falls down his cheek. I crack. I know, I know, I can't be cracking, but I do!
Example 2: I have a "no cell phone or laptop" policy for Jack as he often times will change a setting on something. Of course, the moment he wants to play with it, he trembles his lower lip, looks at me, and then does it anyway. When I tell him no and take it away, he says, "no no no no no no! Nooooo!" in the sweetest and saddest voice you have ever heard.
Example 3: We were at the pool yesterday and Jack was running. I said in my sternest (haha) voice, "JACK! You do not run. It is not safe. You need to walk." He comes over to me, sad, because he knew he wasn't allowed to run, hugs me, and gives me a kiss... then runs like Hell! This one I don't cave on because of safety, but still, it's very sweet when he tries to win me over with love.
So yeah, I'm nothing more then coconut pudding to that kid.
In other news, we went to the library today which was amazing! We met up with Laura and the offspring, along with my mama. The story teller was wonderful and the kids really enjoyed her. She told three stories, sang songs, danced, and even had a puppet. Jack was PERFECT. I know, I thought an alien invaded my son again. He paid attention, did as he was told, participated, but most of all, he had fun! Afterwards we went and picked out a few books to borrow from the library. Then we headed to Starbucks and a short play date with his cousins. All and all, he had a fantastic day! I'm in love. <3
That boy is going to be DANGEROUS when he gets older! Charming and persuasive. uh-oh.
ReplyDeleteYou tell him Grandma said those are special M&M's so he needs to stop asking for them or I will drive up there and have to tell him myself!
ReplyDelete