
We had Grandma Tutu, Nick, Laura, Pip, Will, Oliver, Kevin, me, Jack, Lisa, and Stevi here at the house. Kevin barbequed the meat while Lisa did most of the cooking. My mom made a killer salad... which was actually premade from Costco, but it was so good! Her and Lisa also talked about "going comando" and I have been permanently scarred for life.
Lisa brought her ice cream maker. She had Jack and Pippa help her make the ice cream. It was peanut butter ice cream and then we had our choice of toppings which were chocolate chips, bananas, chocolate sauce, etc. We also had waffle bowls, chocolate covered cones, the works to choose from! We all agreed, especially Pippa, that is was the best ice cream we'd ever had. At one point, I though I heard angels sing as I was enjoying my ice cream.
Jack got to open a few of his birthday gifts early. Grandma GG (aka great grandma, Lisa's mama) bought Jack the Mac Truck from the Disney movie Cars. It's so cool! It opens up and you can store little cars in it. Which brings me to Lisa, Jay, and Stevi's gifts! The first thing they got him were the cars from Cars that go into the Mac Truck. Jack is nuts for them and is having a hard time sharing. He also got a Cars coloring book, a Cars cup, sunglasses, and a candy dispenser full of M&M's. It was funny, before he got his presents, he was being shy with Lisa and Stevi, but the moment he got his gifts, he's now all hugs and kisses with them. That boy knows how to get what he wants!
Lisa and Stevi will be here one more night. I have thoroughly enjoyed their visit, and not just because Lisa cleaned my house and spoiled me with taking me out to breakfast and bringing me coffee. Although, I do love being spoiled! Did I mention she bought me some adorable new shoes? I feel like such a princess! =) Who knew all I had to do was give the woman a grand baby! Tonight Lisa will watch Jack so Kevin and I can have a date night. We have no idea what people do on dates anymore. Maybe a movie? Dancing? I don't know!
All of these pictures are from Lisa's camera, so you can give her all of the photographic credit. =)






Lisa's pretty darned good at spoiling, isn't she? She amazes me.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad that I had to work and miss the big get together! The food sounds soooo good and I would have loved to see the ice cream making. Darn it! Hope Lisa and Stevi can come back again soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry we had to leave early Chrissi, I promise, we will come back and give you and Kevin your well deserved date night.......or I can come get Jack and you can go on vacation for a few years.....whatever works for you of course! I loved our trip, and it is always amazing to me to see what a wonderful mother you are. As I told you , I am most impressed that the tv is never on in your house.......more families should follow your direction, they would have much more creative and wholesome family time if they did!
ReplyDelete