Kevin's vacation started today so I decided that I would go run errands while he and Jack got to spend the day together. The first stop I made was to Old Navy because I'm looking for a new bikini for my cruise to Alaska (I know Alaska is cold, but the ship has heated pools!). Old Navy had NOTHING for me, but I did pick up new swim trunks and a hat for Jack. I noticed Old Navy was really busy but couldn't figure out why. Then I walked over to Costco to pick up some laundry detergent and when I got to the front there were no carts. I thought that was strange... until I went inside and saw THOUSANDS of people. Then it dawned on me: It's the day before the 4th of July! Getting through Costco was a nightmare. I had two items I needed, and I got snapped at by several people for being in their way. Then when I got in line with my two little items, some woman yells at me saying I am blocking her way to a line on the other side she wanted access to but other people got there before her and it was MY fault. I just gave her the deer in the headlight look and she walked away. Then I thought of some witty come backs but she was long gone. Sad...
Afterwards I hit TJ Maxx, Target, Cost Plus World Market, and PetsMart. I bought two new fish for Jack. One is an algae eater and the other is a black molly with a yellow top. I've named the black fish Vala Mal Doran after one of my favorite characters on Stargate SG-1, and the algae eater is named MacGyver, after everyone's favorite secret agent who could make a bomb out of a paperclip and rubber band. See pics below of the actual characters.
Tomorrow is the 4th of July, so I don't know if I'll have time to blog. But I'll make sure to get pictures up as soon as possible of Jack at the pet parade. It just started to thunder, rain, and some hints of lighting outside, so hopefully that goes away by tomorrow morning.


K I need to get caught up! Awesome! Alaska! Jay and I went years ago, it was fabulous, do you stop in Canada, if you go to Menedenhal Glaciers (sp?) Definitely do the white water rafting, you and Kevin will love it, try Wal-mart for bathing suits they actually have great ones! Want to come sit by the pool tomorrow!
ReplyDelete