Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bad, Bad, Blogging Mama



I have been such a bad blogger this week! Kevin has the entire week off for vacation so we've been doing a lot of family adventures. My sister was out of town this past week as well, so I was going to her house twice a day to take care of Muffin and water her lawn (I will never take an automatic sprinkler system for granted again!). While at her house, I got a nasty bee sting, my first bee sting ever actually, and called both of my parents crying. My dad and sister both told me they were surprised I didn't call 911. To be honest, I almost did call 911, until I called Kevin and he told me I was fine. I am such a boo boo llama. Anyway, it was a little bee sting on my arm, and within hours I was 99% better, and by day 2 I was completely healed.

We set Jack's tot pool up this week. He loves it so much! It's not very big, but he doesn't seem to mind as it is the perfect size for a tot. Now that soccer and swimming lessons are over, we will be going swimming at Juniper on our own at least once a week now. That also means we get to play in the water for longer then 35 minutes. And, it's only $5.50 for the two of us!

Jack had his last soccer lesson on Wednesday and I was blown away! Kevin went with us and Jack really wanted to make him proud, so he did exactly what his coach told him to. He walked backwards, kicked the ball, played with the other kids... he was such a good listener! Kevin was so proud of him and the two boys had a blast together. Now they want to buy slides, hula hoops, and noodles to set up their own obstacle course in the back yard. Yeah, that'll last about two weeks until they get bored with that. Boys!

Yesterday my friends Claudia and Brian came to Bend. Ok, so technically they are my brother Nick's friends, but he was at work and since Claudia is one of my Twilight Sisters, we had to hang out. We went to Lava Butte and Benham Falls. You won't believe this, but I really hiked 2 miles! Like, my siblings and Kevin didn't believe me, but I have photographic proof! It was a lot of fun, except for the part where the mosquitos ate us. It was really pretty and I definitely am taking Jack out hiking there sometime with Aunt Jessica (because it really takes two of us to keep him on the path.)

So, those are all of the updates for this week. I'll try to be better with my "daily blogs" then I have been. Teeheehee!






3 comments:

  1. Great post and pics! Thanks for the update, Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go hiking w/ you guys! Good job! Thanks for taking care of the house and Muffin for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't those chipmonks crazy! I love hiking and Jack got eaten by a frog! You never told me that!

    ReplyDelete