Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sugar Cookies and Cleaning... What a Combo!



Grandma Lisa and Aunt Stevi are coming for a visit today from Reno! I am busy cleaning up the house and doing laundry. I went grocery shopping before Kevin left for work so we'd have some food in the house. It's been weeks since I went shopping and we ran out of bread, milk, basically all the essentials this morning after breakfast. I've decided to whip up a batch of Laura's famous sugar cookies. Although they never come out like hers, they are still pretty darn delicious.

James is here for the entire day today, which is wonderful because he and Jack really entertain each other! Right now Jack is turning the lights on and off throughout the house, and James is playing in the pirate tent with the blocks. No tears as of yet, which is always an accomplishment with toddlers.






Oh my gosh, Jack would not go to sleep last night. I got home around 10pm from my CPR class (which I scored the highest in the class only missing one question. However, I am only certified for children and infants, so don't try to die around me because you would be so out of luck). Jack was crying because he didn't want to go to sleep. We tried letting him cry it out, but 45 minutes later we couldn't take it any longer. I thought maybe he was sick or injured, but as soon as I opened the door, he laughed and ran out straight for the TV saying "EV! EV!" When we told him no TV, he cried. We played with him, gave him some grapes, and tried to put him down again. It was hopeless though. He was happy as long as he didn't have to be in his room. We put a nightlight in there but it didn't help. Finally at like, almost midnight, Kevin laid down in Jack's bed and pretended to go to sleep, and that's how we got Jack to fall asleep. Talk about baby drama! Then we were up at 6am cleaning and grocery shopping. Sigh.... Come Sunday I am taking a long nap.

Well, I have a surprise for me in someone's diaper. Not sure if it is James or Jack, but either way, it's not going to be pretty. If you asked me 4 years ago if I would ever be talking about poo online, I'd say you were crazy. Now look at me. Wow...

Jack's new fish! Below you can see the sucker fish on the pirate ship. The yellow fish he's had for over a year.

3 comments:

  1. Ya, talk about baby drama!!! That kid was difficult to say the least last night. I defiantly wanted him up early and was planning on waking him up, but he woke up before both of us and he only had 6.5 hours of sleep. At least tonight he will pass out early. Remember to limit his nap to no more than 1.5 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advise Daddy! See you guys later, jumping in the shower right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, James is so cute! Glad Jack has some new friends...looks like lots of boy fun over there!

    ReplyDelete