Monday, July 20, 2009

Deschuttes Dash! (and some updates)


Jack & Kevin rocking out in the new wagon.



The Love of My Life!

I'm going to start today's blog entry off with some updates. Grandma Tutu is here and we are having a blast with her! Jack loves her so much, and not just because she bought him a new red wagon to rock out in. Grandma Lisa & Aunt Stevi will be here on Thursday to visit Jack for an early birthday. The weather is perfect right now, so I'm sure they'll have tons of fun outdoor things they can take him to. Museums, parks, the river... loads of fun is to be had!

I decided to take on a few kids every week to make some extra money. It is not a daycare, but then again, it sort of is. Well, our first kid is James, who is 14 months old and he'll be here twice a week (Thursdays and Fridays, sometimes on Tuesdays.) for a few hours. Friday was our try-out day, to see how the boys liked it. They had a ball together! James' mom is a nurse and his dad travels a lot for business, and their current daycare can only do it a few times a week, so after meeting with them we decided it would be a good fit to have James over a few times a week. The second boy we'll be having who will be on weekends and sometimes weekdays is Gadge, who is also 14 months old. Our practice day was today to see how he adjusts and if it will be a good fit for us as well. Jack and Gadge were crazy boys and played so much that Jack fell asleep on the floor. Looks like this will pan out well. I don't want to overlap Gadge and James as that would be too much for me to handle, so I think it will work well having them on separate days and on a part-time basis. Who knows how it will go. I'll keep you posted. I have my 1st aide/cpr classes this Wednesday and Thursday. I already got my OR food handlers card and background check, so I am well on my way.
Jack & Gadge dancing.



Jack would do Baby Yoga, and Gadge would knock him over. They did this for an hour laughing. Boys!

Ok, Saturday was the Deschuttes Dash! Nicholas and Jess have been training hard for this triathlon, and it shows! They were amazing! I have no idea how they do it. Swimming, biking, then running. I drive to the mailbox, so I can't imagine how hard it must be to do what they do. No, seriously, you can ask Kevin... I really drive to the mailbox. Hmmm, perhaps that is why the kids call me Aunt Lazy. They also call me Aunt Likes to Hike A Lot, but that's a whole nother story. Anyhoo, I slept through my alarm, but luckily my BFF texted me at 7am to work on her virtual farm with her so I woke up. Jack and I got there just in time for the swim, but I couldn't figure out which person was Jess and which was Nick. Afterwards we walked a million miles (seriously) and watched them bike, followed by all of that running. The kids screamed and played together. At one point, I traded my screaming toddler for a less loud one. I love Pippa and her flexibility. She ate Jack's entire Costco muffin within seconds. She's amazing!

I have tons of pics of everything. Laura and Valerie (her husband was in the tri as well) took pictures, too, so some of them are theirs. Enjoy!

Before & after of Jack and Will during the day.
















Jess hanging out Wyatt and Ginger, Jack's new friends.







Apparently I was voted out of the Reese family and replaced by Rob. But I'm not bitter. Wait, yes I am!





2 comments:

  1. LOL Drive to the mailbox? You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing athletes! And good for you taking on some daycare kids! Looks like Jack will have a ball with his new friends and you will have a little "walking around" money.

    ReplyDelete