Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Teddy Cat and His Side Kick, Mew Mew!

Every day at around 8pm, Kevin and I take Jack for a walk around the neighborhood for half an hour in his little red wagon. And by little red wagon, I mean all-terrain and totally awesomeness wagon. About half way through every walk, Jack likes to get out and walk on his own so he can explore rocks, bugs, and other boy related things.

The other day on one of our walks, we came across a beautiful calico (although she has nothing on our kitty cousin, Sweetie!). She was a very tame and sweet girl. She had a collar but no tag so Jack named her Mew Mew. That's right, Mew Mew. He knows how to meow and when he saw her he meowed at her, which means he associated cat with meow, and that basically means my child is a prodigy. He then got down real slow and petted her gently (as gentle as a 2 year old boy can). She was a very tolerant kitty and her place in heaven is assured.

One thing about Mew Mew is we got to teach Jack something about wild animals. We told him he couldn't pet her unless her owner told him he could. Since her owner was no where to be found, I inspected Mew Mew to make sure she was a healthy and nice kitty before giving Jack permission to touch her. He actually understood not to touch her unless he was told it was ok.

Ok, so you are probably thinking, "Yeah right. Like a not-even-2-year-old would understand that." BAM! That is where you are wrong, my friend! Last night on our walk we ended up at the park. After some super fun swinging and sliding, we started walking back home. A few yards away we saw a lovely brown kitty walking towards us. We got down so we wouldn't scare him, and I inspected the kitty. His tags said his name was Teddy Cat. Jack looked at me about to burst out of his diaper wanting to touch him but resisting. I told him it was ok so he petted him a whole bunch. Kevin and I started to walk again and Kevin said, "Ok Jack-Jack, say good bye to the kitty." Jack gave him a few more good pets, and then looked at him and said, "Buh-bye!" He ran to us, turned around, gave Teddy Cat one more sweet look of love, waved, and told him buh-bye again. Then he walked home. O.M.G. I thought I was going to melt right there on the sidewalk! It was the sweetest thing ever!




3 comments:

  1. It's time to get Jack his very own kitty! Umm. What are you doing blogging at 4 o'clock in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I can't believe you noticed that. =D Jack woke up at 4am crying from a baby nightmare so since I was up, I figured I'd blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd give Skittles to Jack, but that would make the other girls too happy and we can't have that. They're all best friends, you know.

    ReplyDelete