
On Tuesday Jack had swim lessons. I'd say that it was his best lesson by far! He had a new coach and she really pushes the kids. He kicked hard in the water, went under and held his breath, and he even showed the other kids how to go through the waterfall and not be scared. I was so proud of my little guy. He held my hand in the parking lot, and he didn't cry when it was time to go home. I'm pretty sure aliens invaded my baby on Tuesday.
The only thing that happened on Tuesday that wasn't good (but not necessarily bad, just... different) was in the locker room Jack went up to a girl who looked around 10 or so, stared at her boobs (like nose to boobs!) and the laughed! I was so humiliated! I apologized to the little girl, but I'm pretty sure she is traumatized permanently.
Wednesday we had soccer practice. I thought it was the last class, but it looks like next Wednesday will be his final class. As soon as we got there, Jack threw himself onto the street and cried. Then once we got inside he was running in circles and tripped and landed right on his face. Blood came pouring out of his mouth. I was scared that he had broken a tooth, but after rinsing his mouth out, it looks like he just busted the inside of his lip. He had a good cry for 10 - 15 minutes. We went back into the arena to play and Jack just wasn't feeling it. So we sat on the sidelines and watched the other kids while he rested. Towards the end he was feeling better so he did the obstacle course and played the parachute game, but when it came time to say goodbye he had another good cry. Kevin met us at Port of Subs for lunch (I love free lunch coupons!) and Jack was so happy to see him. He just sat quietly next to Kevin and ate his lunch. Afterwards he got to sit on Kevin's motorcycle while I loaded up the car. He had a blast pushing all of the buttons on Kevin's bike. Then I had a mini heart attack because one day Jack will grow up and between Kevin and Jack's grandparents Lisa & Jay (Kevin has a Yamaha, the Lynch's both ride Harley's), I'm pretty sure Jack will have an interest at some point in riding/owning a motorcycle, and that just won't work for me... Unless he lets me wrap him in bubble wrap and styrofoam.
This morning Jack had his last day of swim lessons. He was awarded a certificate that showed everything he learned, and had a special note from his teacher about how much she liked Jack. He went down the duck water slide three times, went under water, and did a lot of swim kicking (as opposed to his kick-mommy-when-he's-mad-kicking). That boy just loves the water. We got to the locker room where he proceeded to stare at all of the naked girls with his mouth open. I reminded him that staring/snooping at girls is not ok and to pay attention to me, but he was in heaven. Nasty! Afterwards he fussed a little in the parking lot, but once we got in the car he fell asleep so I'm sure he was just exhausted.
Kevin has the next 10 days off starting tomorrow, so I am in the process of making family plans. We couldn't afford to do our trip to New Port, so I am trying to plan some fun local activities. Saturday is the big Bend Pet Parade, and if you remember my blog from last year, it's the biggest event in Bend. Thousands (seriously) of people bring their pets and dress them up in red, white, and blue and they have a big parade. Afterwards we'll hit the craft booths and maybe treat ourselves to a funnel cake. Then we have the big firework show! That's the only plans we've made so far though. =)
Oh, and don't forget, his great Grandma Coo-Coo has a Harley as well.........
ReplyDeleteThe crazy Reese's can stalk me anytime, I love all those crazy Reese's anyways......makes me feel more normal........LOL JK! Thanks for letting me know!
ReplyDelete