
Poor Jack-Jack! He has a horrible cold/diarrhea. Yesterday morning when he woke up his nose was running, he was coughing and sneezing, and he had a fever. Kevin made him french toast and bacon, which is Jack's favorite, and Jack threw his bacon at me and started to cry. I scooped him up and he laid on me while we watched Monster's Inc and Cars. For lunch, he refused to eat his chicken nuggets, and at 5pm Kevin put him down for bed. I know, that's really early, but Jack was just wiped out and feeling awful. It breaks my heart when he's sick, but secretly inside I'm kind of happy because he cuddles me and wants to be held by me. I know, I'm secretly evil, but I'm ok with that.
Last night I decided to sleep in Jack's room because I was really worried about him. He woke up around 1am and was crying and crying. He was so sick and nothing could cheer him up. Around 4:30am he finally fell asleep, thanks to one awesome back rub care of his mama, and then I got to go to sleep. Kevin got up with Jack at 7:30am and gave him a bath because the junk in Jack's trunk is very sore from the squirts (teeheehee, I have so many words for poop, this is going to be a fun blog). Then, Kevin keeps yapping at me about giving him pedialite and don't forget this and don't forget that so I snap at him telling him I know how to be a mom. Then he tells me, "Then you may want to plug the toaster in if you want that toast. Your bread has been sitting it there for 20 minutes." Kevin: 1, Christina: 0.
This past weekend before Jack was sick, we took him to the park down the street from our house. He got into a screaming competition which he totally won against a bunch of 12 year olds. They were all screaming at each other and Jack out-screamed all of them. Then they just stared at us. Jack also has learned how to say, "Ready! Set! Go!" and when he says it, he sounds like a little angel. It's more like, "Wedee, Setttt, Gooooooo!" What a ham!
So, fear not! my dear Grandmas, GrAunts, Aunts, friends, and everyone in between. I got a banana & toast in Jack, plenty of liquids like water and pedialite, and he's resting comfortably on the couch with Blue Bunny.

















Poor little Jack. I hope that he's feeling better and I know that you know all about keeping hydrated! That picture of him in the swing laying flat out made my stomach hurt!
ReplyDeleteWhoever bought that bunny for Jack sure got their money's worth. Every pic of him sleeping has that blue bunny in it! You're such a good mom Chrissy. If I had to choose one mom that I want to be like, it would be you (even if you do forget to plug in the toaster!) :D
ReplyDeleteIn regards to the poop: thanks for sharing. :P
ReplyDeletePoor thing! I'm glad you're doing better (oh, and Jack too, but we all know sick kids' mamas have it way worse than the sick kid!) Okay, you snapping at Kevin made me laugh really hard. That seriously what life is like at my house all the time. I get pwned like every day of the week.
ReplyDelete