Wednesday, May 20, 2009

SoccerTots... A Bust!


This morning Jack and I woke up pumped because today was supposed to be Jack's first day at SoccerTots. I got him all dressed up (I even bought him an adorable outfit!), his snack bag packed, water bottle filled, and we were off to the soccer center for practice at 11am. So, we show up with about 10 other parents/toddlers, and the guy in charge, who I'm pretty sure is 19 at most, tells us that the schedule was printed wrong and that class was at 10am, not 11am. Wow, would have been nice to know, eh? So, he assures us that there will be a make up class in July since the kids couldn't have it today. Now, imagine this, there are ten 18 month - 3 year olds standing in the middle of an indoor soccer arena, surrounded by HUNDREDS of assorted sized and colored balls, toys, hoola hoops, slides, and tunnels. Now, imagine these ten toddlers so excited to be playing in the arena, and then being told they couldn't play with all of the toys that surrounded them. Yeah, there were a lot of screaming and crying tots, mine included. Jack just kept saying, "No! No! Nooooo!" as I carried him out of the soccer arena. It just broke my heart and every other mom there. So, to make it up to him, I took him to Port of Subs for lunch and we went over to daddy's work and had a nice lunch with him. We just got home now, and Jack has gone down for a nap, but I promised him that as soon as he wakes up, I'll take him to the park to play. Poor guy, he was so excited about his first day at SoccerTots and now he has to wait an entire week to get started again .

6 comments:

  1. Who ever the hell made that schedule should be strung up by all those toddlers and pelted with sippy cups. WTH?? How hard would it have been to just do an abbreviated class?? I would have been PISSED! Poor Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah hum bug! But next week he will be the cutest little soccer player in the toddler group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Jack, and poor you. I was so excited for his first day :-( I like that food easily cheers our sons up tho

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me enraged. But, like us, Port of Subs makes things better.

    LOVE the outfit by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They should have accommodated all of you anyways, that is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete