
I am having the best Mother's Day today! Last night Kevin crashed on the couch so I decided to snuggle up with my favorite little guy, Jack. He was so warm! Then this morning, he scuttled off and Kevin kept him entertained so I could sleep in. When I woke up, Kevin had made me french toast and brought me my Mother's Day card that he made (yes he MADE me a card and it is so awesome!). And as I was watching my favorite PBS show, The Electric Company, the doorbell rang. I answered it and standing there was a woman holding the most beautiful bouquet of tulips for me. I got flowers for Mother's Day!!! And, in case you don't already know, tulips are my #1 favorite flower! So I run over to Kevin and give him a huge kiss, and he says, "I didn't send you those." I giggle and he looks at me again and says he didn't send me them. So I open the card and it says they are from Jack. But Kevin swears to me he didn't send me the tulips, and as sweet as my little boy is, I know that kid didn't hop online and order them for me.
So, who on earth sent me the tulips?! I went through a list of names of who I thought it would be: Lisa... one of my parents... Edward Cullen... and then it dawns on me: Mary! My best friend from Reno, Mary, sent them to me! Now, I have no evidence of that except that she knows my favorite flower is tulips and she also sent me flowers last year for Mother's Day. So, that's my educated guess. And if it isn't Mary... well, then who?! Well, anonymous sender, thank you so much for my tulips. They are gorgeous and I love them!
Jack has gone down for a nap, Kevin has taken his motorcycle out for a ride, and I am at home enjoying my coffee (that I got on super sale with a coupon from the Peets Coffee guy I met at Safeway... it pays to do your makeup when you go out grocery shopping!). Once Kevin gets back and Jack wakes up, we are taking my sweet boy to the park and to Home Depot where the boys are going to treat me to a bunch of flowers for my garden. I love Mother's Day!
P.S. Happy Mother's Day, Mama! I love you oodles and I hope you are having a fantastic day soaking up the sun in Hawaii. Wow, every day is like Mother's Day for you!
That was a seriously beautiful arrangement!
ReplyDelete