
There's this place here in Bend called Bouncing Off the Walls. It's the huge play center for kids that has bouncy rooms and toys, along with ginormous slides. So, Laura had a bunch of free tickets and invited Jack and I to go with her and her three kids. We met them there at 10am last Friday and ohmygoodness! I think I was more overwhelmed with everything then Jack!
Now, as much as my child loves a good slide, he wasn't really interested in going down the big one. In fact, he wasn't really interested in any of the amusement rides. He was, however, all about the play kitchen they had there. The same EXACT kitchen Laura has for her kids that he plays with all the time. So I'm like, totally frustrated because here we have free tickets to go on anything and Jack wants to play with the kitchen. So, I decided to adopt Pippa and Will for the morning and play with them. Laura had Oliver in her kangaroo front pouch thing, and my goodness, that woman is amazing making sure of all the kid's locations (including mine) and making sure they were being safe. She took Pip and Oliver to the bathroom and within 5 seconds of being gone I lost William and Jack. Then I found Jack, and had a panic attack because I couldn't find Will. Luckily he had made his way to the bouncy room and was safe. How Laura does it, I'll never know.
Ok, so if you look at the pictures really closely you will see dots. Those dots are William, Pip, and Jack. Pip is the pink dot, Will is the green/grey dot, and Jack is the denim/dark grey dot. Seriously, these rides were huge! William and Pippa really got their money's worth (well, if they had paid, they would have gotten their money's worth). Jack, well, he's just more of an independent kind of tot.
They do birthday parties there and I was thinking about throwing Jack's second birthday there. However, besides Pippa and Will, he doesn't really know any other kids to invite. And, August is several months away, so why am I planning his birthday now? I also am planning our Halloween costumes now. I love themes so I'm guessing that's why I'm being so insane. Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics.






















I am always totally amazed at the wonderful places that are made specifically for young children to enjoy and explore. Our good times consisted of feeding the chickens, slopping the pigs and weeding the garden. Yahoo!
ReplyDeleteI can not believe he is going to be 2! That is just crazy! Can he still come to the family reunion? and I can be a kid at his party (wink wink)
ReplyDeleteMake sure you keep some time to still be Chrissy and not just Jack's Mom. While it's good to be a good mother, it's bad to let your life revolve around your tot.
ReplyDelete