Thank you, Evolution, for making babies and toddlers need nap time. If Jack didn't take a nap everyday, I think I would have had to sell him on eBay a long time ago. Don't get me wrong, he's cute as a button and fun as can be, but when he gets really mad for no apparent reason, it's nice to be able to set him down for a nap. This also allows me to get a few things done like blogging and "cleaning" around the house. And by "cleaning", I mean I intend to do it, but never do because Ellen or Oprah is on.
As I was getting Jack ready to go grocery shopping, he had an absolute melt down. It wasn't even 10am yet! I tried cheering him up by playing with him, watching Word World, feeding him, giving him a drink, checked his diaper... nothing seemed to explain his unhappy mood. So, for an hour I gave it my best shot to make him happy. Since nothing worked, I asked him if he needed a nap. He burst into tears and fell to the ground. I think that was his way of saying yes. So I scooped him up and put him in bed. This was Jack before the nap:


This is Jack with the nap:


See the difference in him? So, now I get mommy time to "clean" and get a few other things done. Yay for me!
In other news, another one of Jack's fish died on Easter. I'm really torn up about it. Those fish were born in our tank and now they're dropping like flies. We still have 6 from the litter (do fish have litters?) which had started out as 19. Most died as newbies because mom and dad ate them (not me and Kevin, but their actual parents). 11 survived, two more got eaten, and then we had the 9. 9 wonderful little fish. Then BAM! We move and they die! I check on them all the time now. Kevin thinks I'm a little obsessive over them, but I'm really just a concerned mother!!!
Muffin and I are all about naps. Just ask Pippa.
ReplyDeleteJack is so precious, glad to see Big Blue survived the de-contamination process. Bring some of your water to a fish store and they can check it, you may have a virus, it can attach to the decor in the tank too and there are drops that can help before you lose all your fish. Our are doing pretty good. We lost Jepsum (one of the eels) and I think Murphy ate him cuz first he was there then he was gone and Murphy was "Tending" to the remains.
ReplyDeletedead fish make for good sushi! Serve em up while they're still fresh.
ReplyDelete