
I am very proud to announce the newest addition to our family: The Kenmore Progressive Bagless Upright with Inteli-Clean System Vacuum in purple. I've decided I'm going to name her Veronica the Vacuum. So ever since I got my new washer and dryer, I've been on a Kenmore kick. Luckily, the house we are renting has the dishwasher, stove, and microwave all from Kenmore. I really am liking this brand and have been so happy with it so far.
Ok, so let me tell you how we met. A couple of days ago, my awful dirt devil vacuum died. Literally, Kevin was vacuuming and it just turned off and never woke up. I had that thing less then a year! It was a cheap one from Best Buy, but still, I'm really irritated. It didn't suck anything up and I had to empty the canister all the time. After discussing it with Kevin, he agreed that it was time for us to get a quality vacuum, since I seem to go through them about once every year or two. We spent a few days researching vacuums online. I had my heart set on the Dyson. Great Aunt Liz just got one, and many of my other friends have them as well, so I thought that was going to be the vacuum for me.
So when I got to Sears, I went straight to the Dysons. I tried them out, checked them over, you know, the usual. When the Sears customer service chick came over to help, I had a few questions for her about the Dyson. She was really knowledgeable about vacuums! She asked me what I was looking for in a vacuum and then after considering my requirements, she said she had one she wanted to show me though that wasn't a Dyson... it was a Kenmore vacuum. I didn't even know Kenmore made vacuums! I was skeptical at first because I thought she was just trying to go for a more expensive sale, but this one was on super sale (about $250 less then the Dyson)! She told me all about it and let me test it out. After seeing it in action, I knew we were meant for each other. I also had a $10 coupon off anything in the store, so that also brightened my day. =D They didn't have any in stock so she had to order it, but I am confident that this will be an excellent vacuum for my needs. It comes with a 2 year warranty and if I don't like it after all, I can return it for a full refund, and then I will just get a Dyson.
In other news, I have my interview at Deschutes Brewery on Friday at 10am. Hopefully I can get Aunt Jessica to watch my sweet angel pie (hint-hint!). I really need a job and a lot more hopeful about this one.
And in Jack news, we had a play date with Laura and the kids yesterday. Will got his hair cut and he looks so much like Nick! I do miss his curls though. Pippa was delightful as ever. She kept saying, "Will you spin me, Aunt Chrissy?" and I told her "Oh Pippa, you should ask Aunt Silly (aka Aunt Jessica) to spin you next time she is here, I get really nauseous when I spin". So Pippa said to me, "Ok! Will you spin me, Aunt Silly?" How cute is that? I still didn't spin her though. Jack had a blast throwing things, and even hit Pippa in the face with the infamous red ball! Luckily she wasn't hurt, otherwise Uncle Nick would have killed me.
Today we are thoroughly cleaning the house and listing stuff on ebay. I sold 5 items on half.com today so far! It's a good side business.
My ever so talented Chrissy, would you please email me? I need some help with ebay/craigslist. I also need your new address.
ReplyDeleteLove that your new vacuum is purple. Best color ever!
-Jodie
(get_it_gone@yahoo.com)
Your vacuum purchase saddens me greatly.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get the job at the brewery too, especially if it means you might send me beer swag as birthday presents. I love their beer!
In disney could you ever have imagined getting excited about a vacuum? What a good housewife you turned into. Here's a tip fromt the Roco household. Get a sweeper vac for the kitchen and teach Jack how to use it. Nik loves to vacuum and he vacuums the floor after every meal. My kitchen floor isn't full of crumbs and I didn't lift a finger ;-)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to watch the tot...we're going to rake the yard and maybe mow it! Can you vacuum my dog?
ReplyDeleteKenmore is a great brand and I do have to say Dirt Devil sucks I have never been happy with them, Pippa's comment is adorable and Aunt Silly is definitely the perfect name for Jess!
ReplyDelete