Sunday, April 12, 2009

Here Comes Peter Cottontail


Happy Easter, Everyone! I hope the Easter Bunny spoiled you all with candy and eggs. Jack received a visit from him this morning. Once I figure out how my video camera works, I will post the video of Jack looking for Easter eggs. It is so cute! He would shake every time he found an egg because he knew candy would be inside.

After Jack found all of his eggs and his Easter basket (which was full of toys and candy!), we had an awesome breakfast care of me! I made waffles, bacon, and eggs. Then we decided to dye some eggs. We boiled the eggs and made a rainbow of dyes. I'm sort of on a rainbow kick right now. Below you will see a painting I made last night. I really like rainbows! Anyway, we colored the eggs with crayons and then dyed them. Jack got bored of dying eggs after a while, so we set him free of the kitchen. While working on one of my eggs, Kevin told me to look at Jack. He was hiding behind the counter scarfing down Peeps!

After the egg dying, we cracked them open and made deviled eggs. I was going to bring some to Laura and the family today, but since they look like dog poo, I'm too embaressed to share the eggs with them. I'll need to practice my deviled egg skills before I force people to eat them.

Jack is down for a nap right now. This afternoon we are going to go see Pip and Will to bring them some presents for Easter. Tonight I'll make a nice Easter dinner. Probably just pizza. =)







Kevin made this egg special for my Mama! It's an island with a volcano, palm tree and little sail boat!




6 comments:

  1. Had a wonderful day too! Showed my grandsons how to put Peeps in the microwave and puff them up...good for a laugh. Could Jack get any more cute? He is growing up so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be shaking if I found candy right now too cuz I am on a diet, lost 5 and only 10 to go! Can't wait to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my egg! And I love Jack Sparrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hint: when putting the filling in deviled eggs use a frosting bag and star tip. It makes 'em real pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures of Jack and Kevin are so crazy sweet!

    Rad (yes, I said rad) painting by the way! You artsy, artsty girl.

    ReplyDelete