

Kevin and I really don't read that much to Jack. Usually Jack just closes whatever book we are reading to him and then throws it. Aw, such an angel pie he is. Well, Kevin brought it up to me that we really need to buckle down and start reading to him more. Last night, we grabbed several Dr. Seuss books (Jack's favorite author). We found that Jack would listen to us read to him if he had his own book to hold while we held one and read. It ended up going really well, so we hope to make this a bedtime routine.
Today I read 3 books to him, of course all Dr. Seuss classics. We didn't make it to the park today like I had hoped because I was going through boxes throwing away stuff and making Goodwill piles. I ended up getting rid of 1 box and two bags of stuff. Grandma Lisa says 15 items a day should be a person's goal, and so that is exactly what I'm doing. If I can do more then 15, then great! If not, then at least I made my daily goal.
I've thrown in a few extra pictures today. I wanted to share our new dining table and our new washer and dryer! I love my washer and dryer. Maybe not as much as I love Edward Cullen, but darn close. Oh, and I also added a picture of what our house looks like today on the outside once I added a few things. Enjoy!





Dr. Z is great, I cried the day he died. Green eggs and ham is forever. He loved children and education...so do I. Read, read, read...
ReplyDeleteI used to read to Stevi while she took a bath, killed two birds with one stone and it became a habit that she looked forward to. Only she wanted me to read Harry Potter, I think she liked it when I couldn't pronounce the names but she still remembers that and sometimes she says she wished she were still little so we could still do that. Cute huh?
ReplyDelete