Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Non-Conformist



The day before yesterday I was busy cleaning house and Jack decided he wanted to color. I got out his crayons and paper and sat him down in his room at his little white table. As I headed back to the kitchen, I could hear him talking to himself... not loudly, just having a conversation with himself. I thought, "My! He has such an active imagination!"

Since he was in his room with the door open and I could hear him chattering, I wasn't too worried that I was busy in the kitchen. After quite some time of Jack playing quietly in his room, I decided I would go in there and check on him. Below is what I found Jack doing to his room:




Jack said he is tired of The Man getting him down, telling him what to do. He is a non-conformist and is expressing his inner child. The world is his canvas and his art will not be ignored!!! Ok, he didn't really say that. The kid can barely say Mama. But, he did prefer the wall as his drawing board over his paper. Next time I'll make sure art time is in the living room where I can see him.

5 comments:

  1. hey!!! thanks so much for your comment on my blog - it meant a lot! maybe i *should* go sober again to have more to write about....nah, that's a bad idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, When Jayson was that age he took a permanent black marker to my couch which was a week old.......I cried to bad because we had saved up for months to buy new furniture.......It wasn't the last time that boy destroyed furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I wish I could color on the walls. Hey, I'm an adult. Maybe I will. Check my blog for wall art in the future.
    2. You had the coolest response ever.
    3. He looks incredibly, ridiculously adorable in jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn the man, Jack. Damn the man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recommend the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for taking that crayon off the walls/table/etc. It should clean that up very easily. The store brand version also works just as well and is cheaper.

    ReplyDelete