
As you know, I'm in love with Jack. Like, totally and completely obsessed with the boy. So, a while back I decided I wanted to take up scrap booking so I could make happy memories of his childhood. Like I said earlier, it seemed like a good idea at first...
Ok, so I love the whole art aspect of it. I love cutting things out with my fun scissors and using stickers and layering things... it's totally fun! I started on a new book last night and after an hour I only had 3 out of the 20 pages done. Doh! But still, it is very relaxing and I am enjoying it. The only part I don't like about it is how expensive it is! OMG, the start up cost for the basic supplies that I'll reuse like scissors, glues, etc. was over $50. Then, each book and the paper I use costs about $20 and any extras like stickers and decorations is another $20 per book. So, I'm looking at about $40 a book and that just seems insanely expensive to me. And it's not like I'm buying my supplies at some fancy scrap booking store. I buy my stuff at Walmart and Target! I think I'm going to have to limit myself to one scrapbook every 3 months.
In other news, Jack is doing fantastic! He got to see GrAuntie Linda again yesterday. She made him a superhero cape which he wasn't too big of a fan of, but I LOVED it and wore it all yesterday. Hey, if he's not going to wear it, I'm not going to let it go to waste! William and Pippa got capes, too, so we all ran around really fast! Then we stuffed Jack with more cookies as GrAuntie Linda is making cupcakes today and we need to make room for them! She is doing several practice rounds of cupcakes as she has agreed to do several hundred for a friend's wedding, so we get the practice cupcakes! And a practice cupcake by GrAuntie Linda is better then any cupcake in a fancy bakery. If you think Jack was a big boy before, wait til you see him in a week!
Man! Scrapbooking is expensive. I was thinking that I could do something like that after I retire. Now I'm thinking not. I'll just get all the old photos organized in albums or photo boxes or shoe boxes.
ReplyDeleteG.G.
Michaels Craft store puts out a 40% off coupon once a month in every newspaper nation wide. If you go each month you can slowly start buying the expensive stuff at a pretty good price with the coupon. Also, I just found today on ebay over 100,000 different scrap book listings and they are really cheap for books and paper. This may end up working out after all!
ReplyDeleteEbay is a good idea. Otherwise it is pretty pricey. I figure I'll be done with Jack's 0-3 month scrapbook by the time he's 30-then maybe he'll be married by then and his wife can finish it.
ReplyDeleteAnd you know you're doing something right in your life when the cupcake gods bless you with practice cakes.