Friday, October 3, 2008

One Sugar

This morning Jack woke up at like, 4 or 5am, and Kevin kept nudging me to get him, and I kept nudging him. Eventually, Kevin won and I got up to get Jack. I went in to his room, put a clean diaper on him, and brought him to our bedroom. Jack did not want to fall back asleep though. In my sleepy stupor, I had this off conversation with Kevin:

Me: I will sell you Jack.
Kevin: How much?
Me: One Sugar.
Kevin: Deal. I have sugar in the kitchen.
Me: Good. What will you rename him? It's like getting a puppy at the pound.
Kevin: Cakes
Me: What's his last name?
Kevin: Barnum
Me: Cakes Barnum? No middle name?
Kevin: Nope.

And then we both fell back asleep. I guess the economy is worst then I thought. I should have gotten at least two sugars for the cost of Jack!

2 comments:

  1. I'll give you 3........and a Splenda but his name is staying the same

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...my...gosh... Wow. I laughed really hard when I read this. Cakes Barnum. That's got a nice ring to it. I'll up it to four sugar cubes and some fun dip-which we know is more sugary than sugar (hence why I love it so much).

    ReplyDelete