
While I was in Reno, I stopped by the VW dealership to see what they could do for me by taking the VW GTI off my hands. Let me tell you a little something about the GTI: The GTI was a car I bought for Jason but when we broke up I became the lucky owner of paying $370 a month for a car that was way over priced. It only had two doors so you can imagine how fun is was getting Jack in and out of it. I also have anxiety and paranoia so every time we went over a bridge I imagined us falling into a lake and me not being able to get to the back seat to save Jack. Oh, and poor Kevin is 6'5" so it was a bit uncomfortable for him to drive it. She was falling apart (literally pieces of her were breaking in my hands) and you can imagine how Kevin and I felt every time we looked at a car that was meant for someone else. We hated it. Wait, I take that back, we LOVE how fast she could go, but we still disliked her. 75,000 miles on her, and if I ever got into an accident with her and Jack was in the back, I don't think he would have lived.
So, off to the dealership I went. I had three cars in mind that I wanted that Kevin and I had been looking at but couldn't even begin to afford. Max, my 22 year old car dealer (he could have sold me a potato sack he was that good), was showing me what he had at the 6 dealerships in Reno that were all under the same owner. Then I saw her... Blue Fish, at least, that's what I call her. She is a 2006 dark blue Jeep Liberty with FOUR doors and four wheel drive. Only 24,000 miles, and a price that we could afford. I took Blue Fish for a test run and it was like we were one on the road. I called Kevin right away who said, "Whatever my baby wants my baby gets". He's a very smart man!
So, the GTI is gone. I had a tear when I said goodbye to her. She was full of crazy memories and some awesome races, but now Blue Fish and I can start a new life together. One that is safer for Jack, big enough for Kevin, and no more paranoia for me. Heck, we could even have a 2nd baby it's so big! Just kidding!
Anyway, I have named my new love Blue Fish. Not sure how Kevin feels about that, but that is what I call her. My best friend Mary, in Reno, has a salt water tank with an exotic fish that she named Blue Fish, so of course it's now the name of my car.
Ok, now that was on Tuesday that I bought her. Yesterday, my mom, Jack, and I are driving back to Bend from Reno. After a few hours on the road, I switch places with my mama so I can nap. Right in the middle of me dreaming about Sarah Palin and what an awesome VP she is going to be, my mother wakes me and tells me Jack spit up just a little and to clean it up. It was just a teaspoon of spit-up. So I say, "Oh Jack Jack! Are you not feeling well?" He seriously looks at me and PROJECTILE VOMITS on me, the back of the passenger seat, himself, his car seat, the seat next to him, and the floor. My new car, my sweet baby Blue Fish! NOOOOO! I start to scream at my mother to pull over and she cuts across traffic like a mad woman (ok, there was no oncoming traffic and the only place to pull over was the other side of the road). We get out and I am dry heaving at the smell. If I see a paper cut I want to pass out, so you can imagine what baby barf does to me. We spend the next 20 minute cleaning the baby, the car, and everything else with baby wipes and laundry. We drove home with a very angry baby for the next three hours with him crying. We had to leave all the windows open as well. I stopped at Walmart the moment we got to Bend and bought cleaner and air fresheners. Poor Jack, he was so miserable. I hope Blue Fish doesn't hold this experience against Jack. She strikes me as the type of girl to hold a grudge. Yes, I know she is just a car, but she still can hold a grudge.
Congrats on the beginning of a new relationship with Blue Fish!
ReplyDeleteKind of like getting your first ding. Blue Fish has been christened!
ReplyDeleteG.G.
Blue fish ... hmmm, just don't take it swimming!
ReplyDeleteWell, she is now officially broken in and very perfect for your family I might ad!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new ride! She's a beauty.
ReplyDeleteAnd, um... Sarah Palin is NOT going to be VP. Just so you know.