Friday, October 24, 2008
Coupons!
Ok, I am a HUGE coupon nut. Ever since I started working at Albertsons, it's become a hobby of mine to find coupons for everything I purchase. Now, my sister-in-law, Laura, made a very good point that you can't use coupons unless they are for stuff you already buy. So, every other Tuesday I buy a newspaper and get the Safeway $10 off coupon which is good at Albertsons (we take competitors coupons). After that, I cut out all the ones from all grocery stores of stuff I use, like milk, eggs, etc. After that, I wait for the Saturday paper which has all the manufacturer coupons. When I'm at work, we have a machine that spits out coupons for our customers. If our customers don't want their coupons we get to have them, so I collect all of those. Then I go online to the websites of the products I buy, such as Pampers, Olay, Colgate, etc. and I print any coupons the website has. Lastly, and my favorite, is going to coupons.com and clipping them from there. Last night Kevin and I went grocery shopping. We bought $196 in food, and I used $84 in coupons and my employee discount bringing the total to around $112. I probably spend about 30 minutes a week collecting ALL of my coupons and it saved me that much money! I really recommend to all of you new moms, old mom, and non-moms to cut cut cut coupons! You won't believe how much money you will save!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good Girl! I am so proud of you! I was just thinking today about re-subscribing to the paper for that exact reason!
ReplyDelete