Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Miss My Baby!

Tuesday we drove to Orinda where I got to spend several awesome days with my aunts. Jack just loves being there and is having a blast. I came to Reno on Thursday, and Jack is still in California with my mom. He is visiting his Great Grandma, who is 90, and his Great Great Aunty Laura, who's somewhere in her 80's, today. He's a total trooper and been so wonderful to everyone. 

But I miss my baby so much. I cried yesterday and this morning thinking about him. I hate not having him with me. I used to drop him off at Lisa's with no problems. I even went on a 4 day bachelorette party once leaving him with my sister! I don't know, something is different and I just want my baby back.

Today is my friend Connie's baby shower. Being a mom, I know what new mothers need and don't need. So, I got her diapers, wipes, baby wash, and a pirate rubber ducky that tells you if the water is too hot for the bath. It was so hard to resist the baby clothes, but I did.

My mom is coming to Reno tomorrow with my Jack. I can't wait! I will have him all to myself Sunday and Monday. Alas, I will be sharing him on Tuesday with Grandma Beautiful when she gets back to town. I've never been a good sharer, but I never want to be one of "those moms" who doesn't let people see their child just because the relationship with the father didn't work out. Sure if they were trashy and bad for Jack, I wouldn't let them see him, but they are wonderful and love him so much. Still, I hate sharing. 

1 comment: