Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Safety First!

Jack taking a nap today on the couch while watching Word World.

When we moved from Reno to Bend, the futon frame we had snapped in half during the move, so Kevin and I had been sleeping on a terrible futon mattress on the floor for a few months. To my delight, he surprised me with a new bed frame, mattress, and box spring! (He works for a company that not only does magazines but has a few radio stations, so he was able to do something called "trade" where he got a fantastic deal on a brand new bed by trading air time with the furniture store). Now that we are a few feet off the ground, Babycakes likes to sit on the bed, then scootch his way down. Then have us pick him back up, put him on the bed, and get back down. He exhausts me sometimes!

So, I remember when I was a kid, I used to love standing on my parent's bed. My mom and dad would tell me to sit down or I could get hurt. I remember thinking, "Pssh! I won't get hurt! They are so silly!" Well, this morning Jack was cuddling with me in our nice new bed and he decides he wants to play so he stood up and started walking around on it. I screamed, "JACK! NO! Get down before you hurt yourself!" And at that moment I realized, I am my parents. I know, I know, I'm very upset as well, folks. Who would have thought, right? Oh, and not only did I get all Ms. Safety with Jack, but I also put socks on him so his feet won't get cold. Look at me! What's happened? Socks? No jumping on the bed? I make me sick!



3 comments:

  1. We all turn into our mothers, even though we swear that we won't. :-)

    G.G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would know that Reese napping face anywhere, Jack. You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM MY MOM EVERYDAY! At least she is cool, I never thought it would happen but it does!

    ReplyDelete