Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Reno 911

Fun story for all of you. Three nights ago I got my baby back from my mama. Jack Jack has been totally off schedule so instead of going to bed around 7pm -8pm, he's been fighting it and staying up until 10pm or 11pm. Even though you can tell he wants to fall asleep, something inside that little guy is stopping him. So, three nights ago he refused to fall asleep until I drove him around in the car. 

Then the following night, we had the same problem with him. So I put him in my VW at 11pm  and drove him around the ghetto of Reno a little. All of sudden, I look in my rear view mirror and I see blue and red lights flashing. I pull over, roll down my window, turn off the car, and put my hands on the wheel. The officer comes up to me and says in a very scary officer tone:

Officer: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
Me: "No, Sir."
Officer: "You were going 26."
Me: "Oh... Is this a 15 zone?"
Officer: "No, it's a 45."

Doh! I was going almost 20 UNDER the speed limit! Well, that's a first!

Me: "Oh my gosh!"
Officer: "And you were hugging that line; Mam', have you been drinking tonight?"
Me: "OH MY GOSH! NO SIR! I have my baby in the back seat and he wouldn't stop crying so I was driving him around so he'd fall asleep. I'm just so tired."

Remember that scary officer? Yeah, he takes his flashlight and points it in the back seat at Jack, and of course my sweet baby has his bottom lip out and big doe eyes looking at him. All of sudden, Mr. Reno 911 turns into a soft teddy bear:

Officer: "Well hi there little guy! Are you giving your mama a hard time? Hi Buddy! Hello there!"

So, after talking to Jack and explaining to him in a baby voice that he needs to be good for his mama, he tells me to just pick up the pace, stay in the right lane, and have a nice evening.

Lets just say this is the second time I've been pulled over and sweet cheeks in the back gets me out of a ticket. Nice.

5 comments:

  1. What? When was the first time you got pulled over? I swear if you get a ticket, I'm going to tickle you to death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty mama plus adorable sweet cheeks is an invincible pair...not an officer in the world could resist the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have given you a ticket! Grrrr. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe he pulled you over for going under the speed limit! He had to have thought you were drunk. Funny story.

    G.G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Boobs dont work, babies do!

    ReplyDelete