
So, I took Jack to get his vaccinations today. Let me tell you, in Bend they do things a lot different around here and I LOVE it! I called the health department last week to inquire about what I needed to do so I could get Jack vaccinated. In Reno, it is a walk-in at the health department where you sit for 4-6 hours with disgusting people only to be told you make too much money to qualify for the shots at a cheaper cost even though you are the only provider and a single mother. Here in Bend, it was by appointment only so we got right in. Their health department was GORGEOUS! You could eat off the floor it was so clean. The nurse wasn't some bitter old hag who hated her job. She was so sweet and kind, and the same goes with the receptionist staff. And the people who were in the waiting room with me were clean with all of their teeth. It was a miracle! Also, they told me it didn't matter what my income was, it was $15 no matter who you are. $15?! I paid $196 for Jack in Reno and my insurance wouldn't cover it. Incredible!
Poor Jack-Jack though, he got three shots today and was so sad. He just looked at me like, "Mom, why are you holding me down? Why are you doing this to me? I thought you loved me!" so of course I started to cry. Once the nurse was done with the shots, Jack stopped crying and cuddled up to me and fell asleep. I, of course, kept crying.
On a side note, four people at the health department told me, "Whoe! That's a big boy!" What a shocker!
Oh, so you brought Kevin with you?
ReplyDeletethat's good you found a good place to take him! not like the stinky reno clinic. iky.
ReplyDeletebut girl, there is something seriously wrong with the photo and the direction your not-yet 12 month old baby is facing...
Your tot is big! When I did my tot shot rotation I made a lot of tots and moms cry, too. That's part of what protecting the public is all about though!
ReplyDelete