
For the most part, Kevin, Jack, and I are in good health. None of us have any diseases or illnesses, however all three of us are a little on the "fluffy" side. Kevin and I have been talking about wanting to lose weight together for seven months now (I've been saying it since I was 9 months pregnant, "I have got to drop 30 pounds!" Luckily I lost 15 pounds minutes after Jack was born). And although Jack's doctor said he didn't need to lose weight, he is rather large for his size (He is in the 100th percentile for his height and weight at this age, and 95th percentile for his head). Could it be the pizza, Oreos, frosting, banana cake, and all the other naughty food I give him? Yeah, probably. I am totally to blame for Jack being so chunky.
Yesterday we went to Costco and although about every person who looked at him admired how adorable he was, several people said, "AW! He's so fat!" I know fat babies are so cute, but as he gets bigger, it won't be as cute. Aside from it not being cute to be obese at 5 years old, I am concerned the path I have put him on could result in childhood diabetes or other illnesses as he gets older.
So, although I won't be putting Jack on a diet to lose weight, I am going to change what I feed him. Kevin is on board with me and we are both going to try to shed our extra pounds by this October. Why October? Have you seen my Halloween costumes? I wear more to the beach then at Halloween, and my booty is not Halloween ready.
Kevin wants to lose 25 pounds, I want to lose 7 (easier said then done with the way I eat) and Jack will be on a "no candy and pizza" diet. He will get more of the baby foods, yogurts, and other healthy foods instead of the quick fix of a graham cracker or cookie. I am hoping with him learning to walk soon that it will also help with his little rolls.
So, say goodbye to the Michelin Man, and say hello to a much healthier, happier, baby!
That's great, Chrissy. Get him into some good eating habits now and maybe he'll maintain those habits as he gets older. He will definitely lose weight when he starts walking. Have no fear. And you're going to lose 7 lbs? WHERE???
ReplyDeleteG.G.
My butt and thighs are huge, so hopefully that is where the 7 pounds leaves! That's why I always take upper-body pictures so no one can see them!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOkay, so this is not about dieting-it's me accepting your offer to take Jack! He is the cutest baby I have ever seen. It would be fabulous trying to pass him off as mine! Although I would feed him whatever he wanted though, cause all he'd have to do is look at me with his cute baby face and get whatever he wants. Steak and potatoes? You got it. Chocolate fugge brownies? They're all yours.
ReplyDeleteUmm don't you have a personal trainer living in your house? Hello, Auntie Jessica is the opitome of health, but I do think you guys are on the right track, check out gymamerica.com, it may help or Self.com has some great tips for free......I'm with you, but uhh 7 lbs? I eat that in ice cream a week! Actually 5 lbs 7 oz......I need to get on it too!!
ReplyDeleteHealth baby! That's my kind of tot!
ReplyDelete