
Yesterday Jack and I went over to Nathan & Noah's house. Amy, their mom, had to run a quick errand, so I told her I would watch her boys so she didn't have to take them with her. It was only 15 minutes, so I thought how hard could it be to watch a 2 and 5 year old? I think I would have stood a better chance in hand-to-hand combat with Al Qaeda then to successfully watch three boys.
Right after she leaves, Nathan and Noah start to fight over an action figure (By the way, throughout this story, Jack is sitting in my lap the whole time watching. He was no help whatsoever!). These kids have a million action figures, yet they both want the same one. So the bigger boy pins his brother down. What happened to the angels that were playing with Jack and showing him how to skateboard? It was like, "Mom's gone, lets raise Hell!" So I told them to stop or I would call their mom. Nathan, the older one, says, "Go ahead! Call my mom" while shaking his head and hands at me like his name is Shaniqua. I was like, "Fine." and I pretended to call her. He starts to cry and begs me to hang up. So, after that, I decided to get the boys to jump up and down to pass the time. Again, she's only gone for 15 minutes, how much can happen in that amount of time?
Well Nathan jumps off the couch and does a flip. I told him it was really cool looking, but don't do it again. So what does he do? He flips off the couch except he lands on his head and I hear a crack. All I could think of was, "Oh my gosh, he just broke his neck!" so of course, being the calm and collective mother that I am, I freak out. I run over to him and ask if he is ok. He's kind of stunned but stands up. I'm like, "Ok... ok... ok... I'm calling 911" and Nathan is like, "I'm ok. I don't need to go to the hospital. Can I have some ice for my head?" I was like, "Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, can you move?" and Nathan replies, " Can I have some ice?" So, I get him a bag of ice and text Amy. So, yeah, next time I tell a kid to knock something off, I think I'll tie them to a chair and wrap them in bubble-wrap to make sure they don't do it again.
Other then almost killing my new friends first born, we had a really good time at Amy's. She made Jack and I REAL mashed potatoes (apparently boxed potatoes aren't real mashed potatoes) and Nathan and Noah played with Jack all day. It was so sweet, Noah asked Amy if she would watch Spiderman with her. She said no, so he turned to Jack and said, "Jack, will you watch Spiderman with me?". Noah then pauses as if he was listening to Jack speak, and replies "Yup, Baby Jack says he'll watch Spiderman with me." SO CUTE!


Scary! I'm so glad that Nathan is okay. Why are little boys so - so CRAZY???
ReplyDeleteG.G.
I remember babysitting the next door neighbor kids when I was 12 and coming home crying because they were literally hanging off the book shelf and jumping on the dining table. I went home in tears, I didn't become Bubba until after that experience, hmmmmmm I wonder if the two are related?
ReplyDeleteBut they look like angels!!!
ReplyDeleteI told Hunter we're gonna get his little swimmers spun next time so we can make sure we have a girl!