
Last Saturday was the big triathlon that Aunt Jess and Uncle Nicolas have been training for for months now. Jack and I got up extra early so we could go watch them and wow! I was exhausted from just watching them! I mean, first they had this huge swim down the river, followed by over an hour of intense bike riding, ending it with 6 miles of running. I had no clue how healthy and in shape my siblings were. I know just from living with Aunt Jessica that she has really dedicated herself to this, but when I think of my brother, I sure never thought he was so sporty!
Jack had a marvelous time. He got so excited each time Nick or Jess passed us. He got to play with his cousins, too, which is always a fantastic time for him. Grandma Tutu filled him full of maple muffin, so I guess we are starting his diet next week.
The one thing about the tri, though, that I will never forget, was the man in the speedo. Like, the clothes everyone had on were tight enough if you ask me, but there was this guy competing who wore a speedo.... the entire time! Like, the river is freezing, especially at 8:00 in the morning. Everyone had wetsuits except him. He had this yellow speedo and it was not a pretty sight. So I thought, ok, he's a little different, no need to stare. It wasn't until I saw him bike in his speedo and run in his speedo did I really grasp that this man was cut from a different kind of cookie dough. I tried to get a picture of him to share with all of you, but my mom wouldn't let me. She thought it'd be rude (mothers!). Afterwards, Jess told me some interesting stories of the speedo man. Seems like he was the hot topic of the day, and I'm sure that was his goal. Don't get me wrong, I love a man confident enough to rock life naked, but there was just something about him that made me think maybe he should put some pants on. Anyway, here are some pictures from last Saturday... enjoy!

I love Pippa's face in this one. She looks so British.

Laura ran to get Pip and Will went after her. He loves his mummy, she makes the best french toast!


"Pippa, what do you say when someone gives you something?" Pip, "You're welcome!" She's still learning. =)











My guess is the guy in the yellow speedo was begging for photo opps., if he were wearing red, blue or black, maybe not ......but yellow screams "NOTICE ME, HEY LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT MY BANANA HAMMOCK!!"
ReplyDeleteI can't believe I didn't even know your tot came to watch! The race was so much fun; you should do it w/ us next year. Ha, ha, j/k. We all know that would never happen.
ReplyDelete