
Well, Christmas is finally over. It took me quite a while to narrow down the pictures to my top 12 favorites. Jack had so much fun and despite my lack of holiday cheer, I'm so glad he had a wonderful Christmas.
We started the morning off with Kona coffee and opening gifts. Jack became a little upset after a while because he would start to play with a present and when we would try to get him interested in the next gift, he got highly irritated. After we got through about 70% of the gifts, we took a break and Jack watched Monsters Inc. Afterwards, he was ready to open the other gifts. Who knew one day could be so exhausting for a child?
After gifts, the three of us got all bundled up. We went outside for about 20 minutes. Jack was miserable after about 10 though. He got snow down his diaper and that would ruin anyone's fun. After our time in the snow, we came back in and while Jack napped, I got to clean! Around 3pm, I whipped up a spiral ham with a honey glaze, green bean casserole, real mashed potatoes, and rolls. Kevin gave the dinner a 9.75 out of 10, as my potatoes were a bit lumpy. The ham though, well, even I was tempted. No worries! I didn't stray. We have so much left overs though. Anyone need some ham?
Jack is now quietly playing with his new blocks, while Kevin and I are enjoying our first day off together in a month. That is, he's downstairs playing World of Warcraft and I'm upstairs blogging.
I can't wait to take down all of the Christmas decorations! I don't know why, but they irritate me beyond belief! The only decoration I plan to keep up all year round is the Pirate Nutcracker Lisa got Jack. It is unbelievably rad! Most people have candles or flowers for a center piece. Us? We have pirate memorabilia. Then again, when have we ever been conventional though?











As always, thanks for sharing! I'm so happy that Jack is sooooo loved.
ReplyDeleteG.G.
First of all, I would have given you a 10 because I love lumpy potatoes, and isn't that nutcracker just the cutest thing ever! Make sure you read "Where the wild things are" to him religiously! We have another box to ship up with more gifts from everyone, would you like us to ship it, or bring it up on the 23rd when we come up?
ReplyDeleteMmmmm! Eat the ham, Chrissy! Eat the ham! I give your meal a ten because I like lumpy mashed potatoes!
ReplyDelete