Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh, so this is why mothers go insane...


Jack waiting for Kevin to get home from work.

Loads of updates and pictures today! I'll start with Tuesday then. Kevin had his fancy party for work. He got to wear a tux and looked so handsome! I told him we should just go elope since the tux was paid for by his company, but he just looked at me weird (again). Thank goodness my brother Nick has worn a tux before, as we were unsure what to do with the shirt studs. At the time, we didn't even know they were shirt studs! I called my brother asking him what we do with 6 cuff links where 2 are one size and 4 are another size. Thank you, Nick, for our fashion lesson!



That night, Jack, Aunt Jessica, and I went to Safeway to do a little shopping. Jack was not enjoying himself and threw several fits. I had the strangest produce guy talking to me about Star Wars (I had a Star Wars sweatshirt on). He was a much bigger fan then me, and it took me having to just walk away to end the conversation. The dude would not be quiet!

Wednesday we went to Costco where Jack was an absolute terror! As Aunt Jessica & I were trying to get him into the cart, he is kicking me and screaming. And everyone is staring at us. But not because I look like a mother who has no idea how to control her child, no, they were staring because he was so adorable. As my sister and I were trying to get Jack to sit down, they were coming up to us left and right saying, "Oh! He is so handsome!" "Oh, what a cutey!" Hello? My child is kicking me in the face and you find that cute? If you think that's cute, you should see how freaking adorable it is when he has diarrhea.

After Costco we went to Whole Foods. Eww, how gross is this: There was a sample dish with some nuts in it. This lady obviously wanted more nuts then the tongs would allow her to grab, so she picked up the tongs, made sure no one was looking (except me I guess!) and stuck her hand in the bowl taking a HUGE handful. If you want to be greedy, good for you, but dear lord, woman! Use the tongs so we don't have to touch food your diseased hands have touched!

This morning I went into Jack's room. I have a morning routine with Jack where I go in there and we tell the fish good morning, turn on their light, and feed them. When I turned on their light, I screamed like a little girl! Two of the fish were dead! And it wasn't one of the babies, no, it was two of Jack's original fish that we got him! I'm concerned that both of them were dead as we had bought them together. Is there a disease in the tank? Perhaps one died and the other loved it so much it couldn't live without the other? I don't know much about fish love, so I shouldn't speculate. Kevin is coming home on his lunch to look at the tank for me. I was going to have him dispose of the bodies at that time, too, but I didn't want the other fish to have to see their friends dead, so I took care of. Of course, I got sick. What else is new though?

After the fish fiasco, I went over to Jack and gave him a huge kiss! Lucky me, his face was covered in clear snot. Yummers.


4 comments:

  1. Great picture of Jack looking up at Kevin and Kevin looking down at Jack - precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun reading. Thanks, Chrissy!

    G.G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE PICTURE OF KEVIN IN THE TUX LOOKING DOWN AT JACK! You should have that blown up into an 8x10, so precious, I have come to learn that fish don't last very long, however, Krunk and Murphy are still hanging tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't know what the shirt studs were for? I'm ashamed! I'm pretty sure that means you can't be a Bond. I'll just have to give somebody else a ride in my Aston Martin.

    ReplyDelete