Monday, December 15, 2008

Taste Tester

Since the snow storm has yet to let up, we decided to bake today... a lot! I started out with Puppy Chow, which is Chex cereal with melted chocolate, butter, and peanut butter, coated in powdered sugar. I like to pretend it is healthy since it has peanut butter, but seriously people, who are we trying to fool? After that, we moved on to brownies! Now, when I was a little girl, my mom told me she couldn't make cookies/brownies/baked goodies unless she had a taste tester. Thank goodness she had me as I was the best taste tester in all of Reno! Now that I'm a mom, I have found I can not make baked goods without a taste tester. How else will I know it tastes as good as I think it does? Lucky for me, I made a baby 16 months ago just for this task! As you can see, my brownies are the best in Bend (next to Laura's of course!).

After cleaning up Jack from our baking adventures, we decided to watch Cars. What a fantastic movie! I forgot how exciting it was. It has an awesome soundtrack so throughout the first hour, we danced and danced. We had so much energy from our brownie/sugar rush. Then after an hour of jumping around and singing, we both collapsed. Jack went down for a 3 hour nap. Is that all it takes for a good nap? Brownie mix and an hour of dancing? Call Parenting Magazine, I have big news for next month's issue which will change the lives of mothers everywhere! My article will be called, "Brownies and Dancing: The Cure for a Longer Nap". I love it.

I got a ton of birthday cards and presents in the mail today! Check out the oranges from my friend, Barbara! She had them sent to me all the way from California. I won't lie, we have already ate a large portion of them, and we just got them today! Best mandarins ever! I also got a National Geographic from December of 1982 from my friend Cole. How cool is that?

Tuesday will consist of going to Barnes & Nobel, the post office, the bank, The Hallmark Store, and Walmart, followed by a quick nap and then we are off to Laura's for a play-date. Hopefully the snow won't set us back. If it does, I guess we'll just have to make cookies.




5 comments:

  1. Beyond adorable. Could he get anymore chocolate on him? Thank god for taste testers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little taste tester...ask mommy for an even bigger spoon, you get more chocolate that way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am anonymous...guess checked the wrong "identity" on my Apple. Wonder how mandarins dipped in chocolate taste...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your puppy chow looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is the most handsome taste tester I have ever seen! I am so sorry I didn't get a card out to you this year, you were on my mind all day, not an excuse I know but I was having issues with the salon construction and having to use deep breathing techniques all day so I didn't try and kill someone......I am seeing when I can make it up, I sent your xmas gift up to you, but skytavern starts soon and I need to get in and paint the inside of the salon, it may just be me heading up, or I may wait a couple of weeks and try for the middle of January......smooches and yes I bet your brownies are the best!

    ReplyDelete