
Remember the time I had a baby and I didn't want to push so I had a complete melt down at the hospital? That was basically me at Walmart today (the melt down part, not the baby out of the hoo-ha part. That would have just been awkward on so many levels.). I decided a long time ago that holidays just weren't for me. However, this year I went all out with the tree, lights, gifts, all so Jack could have a real Christmas. Next year, I'm sending him to Grandma. I don't care which one, but this holiday madness is ridiculous. I didn't even go to Walmart for holiday stuff. I finished all of that 2 weeks ago. I just wanted some tooth paste and conditioner.
So, we went to the post office which was a breeze (being that I was there 7 minutes before they opened and 3rd in line). Jack gave the stink eye to some lady who was playing with him. Nice to see he has that holiday spirit just like his mom. We are going to run a few more errands today and then I am officially not leaving the house until Friday (after Christmas sales here I come!).
I bought a spiraled ham for Christmas dinner. I will be making my famous green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, the ham, and dinner roles (I'm doing Pillsbury rolls, I don't have time for that make-it-from-scratch stuff). I've never roasted a ham before, so we'll see how this old vegetarian does. Luckily Kevin will be there to supervise. He really is a much better cook then me.
I gave up on my new book, The Host, to re-read Twilight. I know that has nothing to do with Jack, but my Twilighters out there will appreciate it. =)
Babycakes is napping right now. I'll try to get another picture of him with Soldier the cat today or tomorrow. Those two are stuck like glue. Ohh! I hope the cat isn't asleep on him! Yikes!
Soldier must be a very patient cat. You are very brave to go to Wal-Mart. I can't handle it during a period with no holidays much less CHRISTMAS TIME!
ReplyDeleteG.G.
Make it me, make it me that you send him to. Sand castles, long walks on the beach, swim, swim, swim with the fishes. You can come too.
ReplyDeleteI vote for canceling the entire holiday season next year! I'm so sick of stupid the music and everyone telling me merry F-ing Christmas and all their fake cheer as they cut in front of you in the ridiculously long lines! You know what, buddy, my Halloween decorations are still up! And no, those skulls aren't part of the theme, those are the bastards that wouldn't stop singing outside my house last year! Can you tell that I don't like this season?
ReplyDeleteHolidays are over-rated... Mostly I'm just a Grinch b/c I have to spend the weekend alone with the kids :( But anyways, GO TWILIGHT! I think I might re-read it once I get it back from the friend that borrowed it. Until then, I'm going to Stephenie's website to read the "outtakes" from all the books.
ReplyDelete