
What an eventful day we've had and it's only 1pm. This morning we went to the Christmas tree lot. We found a beautiful 7 1/2 foot tree that Jack just loved. When I asked the man how much it was, he said $56. I then said, "So where's your cheap trees?!" He pointed me in the direction of the $20 ones and we found a nice 7 footer. Only difference is it drops its needles a bit more. Oh well. I'd rather have the $36 extra dollars.
Of course, Jack was not enjoying himself. He wanted to run around the lot and tempt his fate with traffic. I quickly paid the man his $20 and we left. Once we got home, I pulled out the boxes of Christmas ornaments and decorations. Since Babycakes wanted to have a mental breakdown, we put him in his crib for a nap and then decorated. We strung lights around the outside of the house. Inside, we put up the ornaments, indoor lights, and the stockings. I added a few of my favorite ornaments for you below!
And what holiday is complete without breaking a few things? I broke the coffee pot, so we got a new one of those. I dropped my cheshire cat ornament, so the Epoxy King (Kevin) fixed that for me. I had two nutcrackers from my child hood that had broken pieces which he fixed as well. But wait, I'm not the only one with butter fingers. Kevin was untangling the lights and broke a bulb. As soon as it shattered he looks at me like he didn't do it. Now I know where Jack gets that look from when he breaks something.
Presents are all bought and wrapped. I just know Jack will love the paper and boxes more then the lovely toys inside. That's Jack for ya.

I love my Jessica Rabbit ornament!

Jack's two ornaments. Baby's First Christmas and his newest one from Grandma Beautiful!

My favorite ornament from my childhood.... Cookie Monster!

My boys hard at work.

The finished result!

Babycakes, Pops, & The Mom's stockings
I love your Jessica Rabbit ornament! We always used to go get a fresh tree but when we moved in here, I went to Walmart after Christmas and waited for the sales and got our artificial 9' tree for $39! I don't know if it was mis-marked or not and I do miss that smell but I can tell you it was the best investment we ever made, never dries out and just box it up till next year.......But I think for $20 you got a beautiful tree!
ReplyDeleteWow, you're a super star! I have so much stuff left to do, it's ridiculous. No Christmas tree this year for us, I don't think.
ReplyDeleteI will proudly be celebrating my third year in a row with Halloween decorations up for Christmas. Hohoho!
ReplyDelete