
Jack's New Bed (Probably!)
While cleaning things out of the house yesterday, Kevin took it upon himself to take apart Jack's crib. I was like, ummmm, A) What are you doing? and B) Where is my baby going to sleep? Kevin's response is that Jack isn't a baby anymore, he's a toddler, and toddlers sleep in big boy beds. I laughed and told Kevin to have fun with that idea, and that if he wants Jack in his big boy bed, it's up to him to get Jack to sleep in it.
Well, nap time came around and Kevin brought him into his room and tucked him into his bed. Of course, I sat in the other room smug as ever just knowing my baby will get out of bed and cry at his door for me. Kevin had a heart to heart talk with him before leaving Jack, and guess what... yeah, Jack went to sleep in his bed without a peep. I am so mad! I know, most mothers would be proud of their children behaving, but I thought for sure he would throw a fit. Ok, so maybe he was just tired. So I went to work and when I came home, Kevin told me he had put Jack in his big boy bed and for me to check on him. I went upstairs, confident that my baby would have fallen asleep on the floor next to his door because he would be crying for his mommy. Nope. Snug as a bug in a rug in his bed. What is he trying to do to me!?
So, I had a good cry over the crib incident. It served us well for 18 months and I am so sad that it is going back to GrAuntie Linda (She leant us her entire nursery bedroom set so we wouldn't have to buy one... saved us a TON of money!). I don't want my baby to grow up. It's breaking my heart! I'm trying hard to accept it, but it's not going so well. This whole growing up thing is so much harder on me then Jack. Jack could care less. Bottles? Cribs? Who needs that? He's a big boy with his big boy cups and his big boy bed.
So right now, we are in search for the perfect bed for Jack. I found some awesome pirate ship beds but they are $400 - $1600 and that is just ridiculous. We were at Costco and found a Cars bedroom set as well... which would cost $850. Yeah, I don't think so. Craigslist hasn't had anything too fabulous either. Walmart carries just ordinary toddler beds for $50 - $80, and we'll probably go for that.

My little guys love the Cars movie, has Jack seen it? Would love a painting! I'd have it framed and hang it proudly in my home.
ReplyDeleteI saw the Cars bed set at Costco too! I really wanted to get it for Jake's son until I saw the price.... *sigh* If only we were millionaires...
ReplyDeleteThat's a pretty awesome looking Pirate bed!
ReplyDeleteDoes the Pirate bed come in a Queen or King size? I want one too!
ReplyDelete